"FALAISE DU BANDIAGARA" Bandiagara by seratonin
Bandiagara Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 122 photos
Bandiagara is a small town near the great Bandiagara escarpement (the "falaise du Bandiagara"). It is in the center of the so called "pays du Dogon", a part of Mali where the Dogon people live.
This people have a very interesting and rich cultural live, and probably more fascinating for the tourists, their towns are very pittoresque!
You can hike for several days along the Escarpement and visit the small villages. It is advisible to take a local guide, as it is very difficult to find a Dogon in the villages who speakes french.
More information and pictures of my Mali ttrip can be found on my personal Dogon page.
The "falaise du Badiagara" is a huge rocky wall. it stretches from Bankass over Bandiagara till Douentza, some hundert... more travel advice
seratonin's Related Pages
Bandiagara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dogon Country Adventure"
- "FALAISE DU BANDIAGARA"
- "Dogon Treking"
- "Starting point of Dogon Trip"
- "Capital of Dogon Country"
- "Dogon Valley"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bandiagara
- Hotels in Bandiagara
- Transportation in Bandiagara
- Restaurants in Bandiagara
- Shopping in Bandiagara
- Warnings and Dangers in Bandiagara
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bandiagara
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Bandiagara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bandiagara
Top 10 Pages
- Turkey Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Mali Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Petra Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Chad Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Diyarbakir Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Jordan Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Goreme Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Benin Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Niger Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Ghana Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos