"TIMBUKTU - The mysterious city in the desert" Timbuktu by seratonin
Timbuktu Travel Guide: 94 reviews and 399 photos
Timbuktu - a name like a mystery! The town is on the edge of the Sahara desert. Years ago the Niger river was next to the town, but today you can find the water some kilometers to the south. The town itself offers nothing special. It is dusty and hot. From the roofs you can see the dunes of the Sahara desert.
Some minutes out of the town, you can reach the sandy dunes of the desert.
Timbuktu (or Tombouctou in French) is almost entirely rurrounded by desert or semi desert. So one of the most popular... more travel advice
seratonin's Related Pages
Timbuktu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Timbuktu, where the camel meets the canoe"
- "A classic amongst travellers"
- "I've been to Timbuktu, have you?"
- "Timbuktu, the forbidden city"
- "Timbuktu or bust"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Timbuktu
- Hotels in Timbuktu
- Transportation in Timbuktu
- Nightlife in Timbuktu
- Restaurants in Timbuktu
- Shopping in Timbuktu
- Warnings and Dangers in Timbuktu
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Timbuktu
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Timbuktu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Timbuktu
Top 10 Pages
- Turkey Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Mali Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Petra Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Chad Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Diyarbakir Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Jordan Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Goreme Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Benin Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Niger Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Ghana Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos