"PETRA" Petra by seratonin
Petra Travel Guide: 989 reviews and 2,529 photos
If you`re in Jordan, it is almost a must to visit Petra. The hidden, "red rose" city offers some beautiful scenery. The probably most popular building carved in the stony walls of a canyon is the "al Keznah" or "treasury", on the pic on the right.
If you have seen the Indiana Jones movies, you will realise that the holy grale was hidden inside this building. But in reality, there is almost nothing inside. Only a rectangular room, Recognizable are only the beautiful colors of the stony walls.
More information and pictures of my trip across the Middle East can be found on my personal Jordan page.
If you enter the Petra site, you will have first to cross the siq. This is a narrow canyon washed out of the rock. After some minutes walking there, you will imidiatly see the Keznah appearing at the end of the canyon.
More information can be found here
- Pros:Beautiful scenery
- Cons:Veeeeeeeeeeery high entrance fee
The colors of the stones in Petra are amazing! Especially in the interior of the tombs, that are carved out of the rock,... more travel advice
If you are visiting the ancient nabatean village of Petra, you can't miss the Al Keznah. You have to enter the area... more travel advice
seratonin's Related Pages
Petra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Petra : the city of the caravans"
- "Petra: a wonderful town"
- "A love story with Petra"
- "The Nabataean City"
- "Petra - a highlight of Jordan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Petra
- Hotels in Petra
- Transportation in Petra
- Nightlife in Petra
- Restaurants in Petra
- Shopping in Petra
- Warnings and Dangers in Petra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Petra
- 6 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 38 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Petra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Petra
Top 10 Pages
- Turkey Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Mali Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Petra Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Chad Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Diyarbakir Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Jordan Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Goreme Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Benin Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Niger Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Ghana Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos