Görlitz Restaurant Tips by richiecdisc Top 5 Page for this destination
Görlitz Restaurants: 20 reviews and 51 photos
incredible riverside location
I must admit I didn't eat at this incredibly located cafe but it has great views of the Neisse River, the Peterskirche and the Polish border town across the bridge. My first choice would be a Zwiecs in Poland but if you forget your passport, a beer here would offer the next best view.
Address: Hotherstraße 20
Directions: Right on the Neisse River.
Phone: (03581) 40 66 61
giraffede and MonkeyMoments finally meet!
This was a little coffee/ice cream place just off the Marienplatz. We drove by it and Sandy and Dave were famished so we decided to stop and get them something to eat. It was a very typical of this type of ice cream café and certainly served its purpose. As it turned out, everyone was kind of hungry and had something to eat!
Favorite Dish: I had a savory crepe filled with mushrooms, cheese and onions. Doreen had an apple sauce crepe. The coffee was just okay. Not sure about the prices as Dave sneakily paid the bill on his way back from the restroom! Danke
Address: Demianiplatz 19
Comparison: about average
Directions: The Demianplatz is just off the Marienplatz. This was an easy place to find parking on the street and only two blocks from the heart of the Old City center.
Price: less than US$10
riesenrösti perfect post wedding party
This place looked pretty kitschy from the outside and even more so when we entered it but it was very busy, smelled good and was right on our path wandering around the city. Once seated, the kitsch became homey and with food in front of us, it became a place I would go back to anytime, though even more so on a cold winter day. It would be a great place to lose a chill.
Favorite Dish: I had a riesenrösti which is shredded potatos fried up into a pancake and topped with a creamy mushroom sauce for 11 Euros. It was quite tasty and very filling. Everyone else seemed to enjoy their sizable meals as well. Believe it or not, I had an apfelschorle (apple juice mixed with seltzer) and opted not to have a beer I'd never had before. Wow, and they say somethings never change! ;)
Address: Steinstrasse 10
Comparison: about average
Directions: Conveniently located right off the Obermarkt in the Old City center.
Phone: (0 35 81) 41 27 02
More Reviews (23)
- good friends and their cameras
- See All Zgorzelec
- See All Obermarkt
- a sign you're still in the wild east
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Görlitz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Lesson In Architecture"
- "Gorlitz - on the way to somewhere"
- "The most eastern city in Germany"
- "Welcome to Görlitz"
- "On Finding Gems Unplanned: Görlitz"
- "Görlitz - A Forgotten Jewel"
- "A wonderful weekend in Goerlitz"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Görlitz
- Hotels in Görlitz
- Transportation in Görlitz
- Nightlife in Görlitz
- Restaurants in Görlitz
- Shopping in Görlitz
- Warnings and Dangers in Görlitz
- See All...
Explore the World
- Legaspi City Hotels
- Gatlinburg Hotels
- Cameron Highlands Hotels
- Hawaii Kai Hotels
- North America
- Palma de Mallorca
- Edisto Beach
- Isla Saona Hotels
- New York City
- Camberwell Hotels
- Bronx Hotels
- Halifax Hotels
- Brunei Hotels
Badges & Stats in Görlitz
- 26 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Görlitz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Görlitz
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Need recommendations in..."
- Commented on one of iandsmith's Görlitz travel pages
- Wrote a Review good friends and their cameras in Görlitz What to Pack
- Uploaded a Photo to "good friends and their cameras"
- created a Görlitz Travel Page "On Finding Gems Unplanned: Görlitz"
Photos in GörlitzSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos