"MooseSpotting in Cape Breton Highlands" Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Breton Island by richiecdisc
Cape Breton Island Travel Guide: 169 reviews and 438 photos
On a clear day, one can imagine an idyllic existence for the Micmac native Americans that once claimed sole domain of the rugged and beautiful island Cape Breton, at the tip of Nova Scotia. Yet in less ideal climatic conditions, one can but wonder how hardy Arcadian settlers of both Scottish and French descent came to call this often-foreboding place home. It is often said that those emigrants that fled from Europe sought not only religious freedom but also more space; not oddly, their choices tended towards those that resembled their homeland. With rolling highlands and weather beaten craggy coasts, Nova Scotia fit right into every Scots dream of having his own Loch Lomand. Modern day Cape Breton has changed at a slower pace than the rest of Nova Scotia and the Maritimes in general seem in a time warp compared to the rest of Canada's Provinces. That's okay though, it makes for a great travel experience for not only can one enjoy the many physical marvels that the well-endowed island manifests but you can step back in time and get a real feeling for a simpler existence that man has perhaps rushed too blindly from.
I was up before anyone in camp and after packing our gear up, we got our food from the bear pole and ate a quick... more travel advice
The high country hike was a good work out but lacked the spectacle we sought. We were back in the campground a few... more travel advice
- hiking is a great sport!
- fresh baked bread and more...
- lotsa film for photogenic Cape Breton...
- they catch lobsters, don't they?
- See All A nice looking hostel...
- the Honda makes the Cape! :)
- See All yes, the water is cold cold cold...
- Get off the Cabot Trail and escape the...
- with sunsets like this..who needs a pub?
- See All a real local kind of place...
- See All Don't miss the east coast!
Been to Cape Breton Island?Share your travels with the world!
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Cape Breton Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""Ciad Mile Failte" Welcome to Cape Breton"
- "MooseSpotting in Cape Breton Highlands"
- "A small place with a huge heart"
- "Cape Breton in autumn"
- "CAPE BRETON ISLAND"
- "I'll take the high road"
- "My Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cape Breton Island
- Hotels in Cape Breton Island
- Transportation in Cape Breton Island
- Nightlife in Cape Breton Island
- Restaurants in Cape Breton Island
- Shopping in Cape Breton Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Cape Breton Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cape Breton Island
- 22 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (115)
Have you been to Cape Breton Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cape Breton Island
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Need recommendations in..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "MooseSpotting in Cape Breton Highlands"
- updated a Cape Breton Island Travel Page "MooseSpotting in Cape Breton Highlands"
- Wrote a Review an indelible image.... in Cape Breton Island Favorites
- Commented on one of hevbell's Cape Breton Island travel pages
Photos in Cape Breton IslandSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos