"Back to the Bruce, eh?" Top 5 Page for this destination Tobermory by richiecdisc
Tobermory Travel Guide: 114 reviews and 280 photos
Bruce Peninsula National Park gets little of the attention that its Western Canadian sister parks garner even though it lacks little with regard to pure natural beauty or historical origin. The park encompasses the most spectacular portion of the 700-km Niagara Escarpment that runs from Niagara Falls to Tobermory in Ontario. Formed over 400 million years ago as Barrier Reefs in a then warm shallow sea, the 200-foot cliffs now plunge steeply into the cold but crystal clear depths of the Georgian Bay. Wind-weathered cedars have reached the age of 1000 years cling perilously to the cliffs and helped bring the United Nations World Biosphere Reserve Designation. Though it may not be as famous as the Rocky Mountains of Banff National Park in Alberta, do not get the impression that it is a remote and desolate wilderness. This is, after all, cottage country and southern Ontarians spend their summers here so it can get jam packed with visitors in the height of the summer. But do not let that deter you, the Bruce deserves all your attention and you will not regret making the pilgrimage to this spectacular and special area of natural beauty.
Guelph is home to Wellington County Brewery, perhaps the finest in all of Ontario. They specialize in real ales and many... more travel advice
Getting up to the Bruce Peninsula is easy by car, it is about a three hour drive from Toronto and you have more freedom... more travel advice
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Tobermory Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Beautiful Bruce Peninsula"
- "From Tobermory to Fathom Five National Marine Park"
- "Back to the Bruce, eh?"
- "The Bruce Peninsula"
- "Tobermory at the top of the Bruce Pennisula"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tobermory
- Hotels in Tobermory
- Transportation in Tobermory
- Nightlife in Tobermory
- Restaurants in Tobermory
- Shopping in Tobermory
- Warnings and Dangers in Tobermory
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tobermory
- 15 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 31 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (115)
Have you been to Tobermory?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tobermory
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Need recommendations in..."
- updated a Tobermory Travel Page "Back to the Bruce, eh?"
- Wrote a Review finding the elusive Imperial Stout! in Tobermory Shopping
- Uploaded a Photo to "finding the elusive Imperial Stout!"
- Commented on one of sim1's Tobermory travel pages
Photos in TobermorySee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos