Olympic National Park Packing List Tips by richiecdisc Top 5 Page for this destination
Olympic National Park What to Pack: 1 reviews and 2 photos
using the wide-angle
Luggage and bags: Olympic is a premier wilderness park and this is one place you can truly use a backpack to carry all you need for a multi-day camping trip. For those not so inclined a simple day pack will suffice for long beach walks or even shorter ones in the rain forest and alpine areas.
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Pack layers of synthetic clothing for the highly changeable weather that is Olympic. The Pacific is cold and even on warm days, the breezes are cool. If it fogs up, the temperatures drop quickly. It can snow in alpine areas even in the summer so always carry warm gear including a warm hat. Sturdy water proof hiking boots are needed for all but the shortest beach walks and don't scrimp on socks. Your feet will thank you for it. Rain gear is essential in a park that gets 200 inches a year of precipitation. It is, after all, a rain forest in much of the area.
Photo Equipment: A wide angle is great for bringing the foreground into your landscape photos and a zoom is like gold for shots of wildlife. Get one with image stabilization for less than optimal lighting. A tripod is needed for low light shots in the rain forest and for cute couple shots.
Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: This is a great park for camping. Bring a tent, synthetic sleeping bags, mats and a backpacking stove.
Miscellaneous: Someone to share that half gallon of Tillamook ice cream with. No matter how much you backpack, you really shouldn't eat it all by yourself!
More Reviews (43)
- See All spring is the time for wildflowers
- you always need more
- Hurricane Ridge
- keep it simple, keep it tasty
- See All be careful what you wish for
- See All Lake Crescent
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Olympic National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where Wishes Come True: Olympic National Park"
- "Olympic National Park"
- "A Spectacular Coastal Mountain Wilderness"
- "Crown Jewel of the Pacific Northwest"
- "Basaic Olympic National Park Page"
- "WILDERNESS DEFINED"
- "Lake Quinault Lodge"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Olympic National Park
- Hotels in Olympic National Park
- Transportation in Olympic National Park
- Nightlife in Olympic National Park
- Restaurants in Olympic National Park
- Shopping in Olympic National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Olympic National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Medford Hotels
- Kotagala Hotels
- Bournemouth Hotels
- Trece Martires Hotels
Badges & Stats in Olympic National Park
- 44 Reviews
- 89 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (115)
Have you been to Olympic National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Olympic National Park
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Need recommendations in..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "watch the tides, please"
- updated a Olympic National Park Travel Page "Where Wishes Come True: Olympic National Park"
- Wrote a Review spring is the time for wildflowers in Olympic National Park Local Customs
- Commented on one of joiwatani's Olympic National Park travel pages
Photos in Olympic National ParkSee All Photos (89)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos
Latest Olympic National Park hotel reviews
- Hoh Campground
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 18, 2013
- Rain Forest Resort Village
- 114 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 7, 2013
- Mora Campground
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 4, 2013
- Log Cabin Resort
- 93 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 7, 2013
- Sol Duc Hot Springs Resort
- 219 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2013
- Kalaloch Campground
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 26, 2013
- Heart O' Hills Campground
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 22, 2013
- Deer Park Campground
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 26, 2010
- Lake Crescent Lodge
- 382 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013