"Where Wishes Come True: Olympic National Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park by richiecdisc
Olympic National Park Travel Guide: 302 reviews and 794 photos
Often the sum is far greater than the individual parts that comprise it. Olympic National Park is one of those cases. Mount Olympus despite its many glaciers does not dominate the horizon like Rainier and even the most alluring of rainforests lack the spectacle of massive sequoias but it's not often that one leads right to the other. It's even less common for those two to be adjacent to an incredibly rugged and wild coastline. In Olympic National Park, those three amazing terrains combine to form a truly magical landscapes when taken in total. That such vast habitats are home to so many diverse creatures only adds to its uniqueness.
The park service has done its best to tame the land and yet let it run wild. Amenities are quite good, trail network extensive and there are even organized hot springs. But make no mistake, the vast majority of the park is very much wilderness and to get there you have to walk many miles. So, it is that rare park that caters to both the casual tourist and the intrepid backpacker, with both able to enjoy it in their own ways, rarely needing to cross each other's paths aside from weekend logjams at trail head parking lots.
Sound like a Garden of Eden? Well, it is and as with the real Eden, fruit is not always meant to be eaten. Conservation to protect such treasures is tantamount and only through our combined efforts to ensure its longevity will future generations see what the earth looked like before man decided to pave most of it. Enjoy Olympic National Park and share it with all the creatures that call it home.
Spring is a relative thing. In the mountains it generally runs a little later due to the elevation and in years of great... more travel advice
Unfortunately, most visitors to Olympic National Park only get one chance to see its alpine region and that is from... more travel advice
- keep it simple, keep it tasty
- come prepared for it all
- See All be careful what you wish for
- See All Lake Crescent
- See All drift wood
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Olympic National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where Wishes Come True: Olympic National Park"
- "Olympic National Park"
- "A Spectacular Coastal Mountain Wilderness"
- "Crown Jewel of the Pacific Northwest"
- "Basaic Olympic National Park Page"
- "WILDERNESS DEFINED"
- "Lake Quinault Lodge"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Olympic National Park
- Hotels in Olympic National Park
- Transportation in Olympic National Park
- Nightlife in Olympic National Park
- Restaurants in Olympic National Park
- Shopping in Olympic National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Olympic National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Olympic National Park
- 44 Reviews
- 89 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Olympic National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Olympic National Park
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: PDF function from trip..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "watch the tides, please"
- updated a Olympic National Park Travel Page "Where Wishes Come True: Olympic National Park"
- Wrote a Review spring is the time for wildflowers in Olympic National Park Local Customs
- Commented on one of joiwatani's Olympic National Park travel pages
Photos in Olympic National ParkSee All Photos (89)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos