"Perfect Everday in its own Special Way:Mt. Rainier" Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Rainier National Park by richiecdisc
Mount Rainier National Park Travel Guide: 249 reviews and 579 photos
When a mountain dominates a landscape like Mount Rainier does in the Pacific Northwest, it should come as no surprise that a National Park was formed around it. That is literal as though the park is fair-sized, it basically is a square box that the round peg just fits into. That peg is one massive peak. Rising out of plateau in the 2000 foot range, the 14441 foot Rainier looms a lot larger than similar sized mountains in Colorado. Its circumference and relative seclusion to other peaks only adds to its perceptive bulk. Toss in a concentration of more major glaciers than the rest of the lower 48 combined and Rainier's luster only grows. It's no wonder that people who live in the region refer to it simply as “The Mountain.”
Mount Rainer National Park has many other attractions though you are never far from being in the shadow of its namesake peak. The dense forest that blankets the foothills of the massive one is a lush old growth wonder. It's easy to get lost in its beauty when the majestic peak is hidden in clouds. Plunging waterfalls dot the landscape, lacking notoriety only due to their proximity to the overwhelming sight that is Mount Rainier. Profuse wildflower displays steal some of the stage in spring but make no mistake, they thrive in the climate made by The Mountain and are mere colorful garnish to its glistening awe-inspiring presence. A visit to the Pacific Northwest is not complete without seeing Mount Rainier.
When traveling in Mount Rainier's backcountry, you must treat all water sources before drinking it. This can be done... more travel advice
Though Mount Rainier National Park is not noted as a big bear park, this is a wilderness area that is home to black... more travel advice
- stay warm, stay dry
- not worth staying up late
- See All in its own special way
- pick up some cherries on your way
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Mount Rainier National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perfect Everday in its own Special Way:Mt. Rainier"
- "Basaic Mount Rainier National Park Page"
- "WASHINGTON'S MASSIVE GLACIATED GLORY"
- "Mt. Rainier National Park"
- "Mount Rainier National Park"
- "Drive thru Mt Ranier"
- "Welcome to Mount Rainer National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Rainier National Park
- Hotels in Mount Rainier National Park
- Transportation in Mount Rainier National Park
- Nightlife in Mount Rainier National Park
- Restaurants in Mount Rainier National Park
- Shopping in Mount Rainier National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Rainier National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mount Rainier National Park
- 29 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Mount Rainier National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Rainier National Park
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: PDF function from trip..."
- Wrote a Review treat the water, drink the water in Mount Rainier National Park Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "treat the water, drink the water"
- updated a Mount Rainier National Park Travel Page "Perfect Everday in its own Special Way:Mt. Rainier"
- Commented on one of chewy3326's Mount Rainier National Park travel pages
Photos in Mount Rainier National ParkSee All Photos (41)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos