"The Routine of Kodachrome Kamping" Top 5 Page for this destination Kodachrome Basin State Park by richiecdisc
Kodachrome Basin State Park Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 82 photos
Kodachrome Basin State Park both benefits and suffers by its proximity to neighboring Utah National and State Parks. While true those drawn to parks like Bryce Canyon National Park will likely be intrigued with a stop here if time permits, it is inevitable there will be comparisons between the two. Most would probably rate Bryce as more spectacular than Kodachrome but each park has its own merits and if one is seeking a little solitude it is far more likely in the latter. With evidence of a Geothermic past ala Yellowstone, Kodachrome Basin stands as a more profuse conglomeration of colors. Its array of odd shaped and multi-colored chimneys stand testament to being dubbed Kodachrome after the Kodak Film Company's popular product of the time of its inception. However you shoot it, Kodachrome Basin State Park offers a great place to camp in a beautiful desert terrain with nice short hikes amongst some very scenic rock formations.
Kodachrome is a small state park in Utah and while not quite in the league as Bryce or the state's other renowned... more travel advice
Kodachrome Basin State Park is part of Utah's extensive and well managed state park program. They can appear expensive... more travel advice
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Kodachrome Basin State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Routine of Kodachrome Kamping"
- "Picture Perfect"
- "Picturesque cliffs and rocks"
- "Kodachrome State Park"
- "Group Camping At Kodachrome"
- "At least someone's excited..."
- "Wind swept, under towering cliffs"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kodachrome Basin State Park
- Hotels in Kodachrome Basin State Park
- Transportation in Kodachrome Basin State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Kodachrome Basin State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kodachrome Basin State Park
- 11 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Kodachrome Basin State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kodachrome Basin State Park
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Need recommendations in..."
- Commented on one of LauraWest's Kodachrome Basin State Park travel pages
- updated a Kodachrome Basin State Park Travel Page "The Routine of Kodachrome Kamping"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Routine of Kodachrome Kamping"
- Wrote a Review the art of making pancakes in Kodachrome Basin State Park Favorites
Photos in Kodachrome Basin State ParkSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos