"Goblins & Pronghorns & Showers, Oh My!" Top 5 Page for this destination Goblin Valley State Park by richiecdisc
Goblin Valley State Park Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 75 photos
Though only under state protection since 1964, Goblin Valley State Park was already an attraction as dubbed “Mushroom Valley” by Arthur Chaffin during his photographic shoot in 1949. His attraction to the area dates back to the 1920s but cowboys ran cattle through here long before that. Despite the remoteness of the valley, it would seem very unlikely that Native Americans did not hold it in some reverence when one looks upon the amazing conglomeration of mystical rocks.
Erosion and the raising of the Colorado Plateau may explain this unusual formation but the story of its effect on man when he first saw it can only be imagined. Fortunately for us, we can imagine it pretty well as it is likely the same one we have when stumbling upon this jumble of red rock that seems to stand to this day as an army of goblins acting sentry to the Henry Mountains just beyond. A visit here at sunset is truly magical.
With such short trails a small day bag is sufficient to carry water and perhaps a salty snack of some kind to keep your... more travel advice
The scenery alone would have made this walk well worth while but on heading towards Molly's Castle we noticed... more travel advice
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Goblin Valley State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Goblins & Pronghorns & Showers, Oh My!"
- "Goblin Valley"
- "Goblin Valley State Park."
- "Goblin Valley State Park"
- "Goblin valley"
- "Goblin Valley"
- "Goblin Valley SP - Home of the little stone men"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Goblin Valley State Park
- Hotels in Goblin Valley State Park
- Transportation in Goblin Valley State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Goblin Valley State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Goblin Valley State Park
- 10 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (142)
Have you been to Goblin Valley State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Goblin Valley State Park
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: PDF function from trip..."
- Commented on one of sim1's Goblin Valley State Park travel pages
- updated a Goblin Valley State Park Travel Page "Goblins & Pronghorns & Showers, Oh My!"
- Wrote a Review ground control to Major Tom in Goblin Valley State Park What to Pack
- Uploaded a Photo to "ground control to Major Tom"
Photos in Goblin Valley State ParkSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos