Arches National Park Packing List Tips by richiecdisc Top 5 Page for this destination
Arches National Park What to Pack: 9 reviews and 10 photos
really, we were there
Luggage and bags: Arches is not a backpacking park so a day bag will suffice for their relatively short hikes.
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Sturdy hiking boots are needed for the sometimes tricky terrain and slick rock you will be walking on. Long light pants and shirts help protect from the often brutal sun and also keep you warm in the cooler early morning hours. Hikes are short so no need to carry extra clothing, just get back to your car.
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Sun screen is truly essential in SUNNY Arches.
Photo Equipment: A polarizer will help cut out the sun's bleaching rays but the best course of action is to shoot when the sun is low, early morning, late afternoon. Tripod for cute couple photos.
Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: This is one park you will truly want to camp and nothing beats tent camping when the spots are as big as they come at Arches. You can set yourself up on a sandy patch right in the red rocks you've come so far to see. A warm sleeping bag and mats are a must. As hot as it is during the day, it still gets chilly at night in the desert.
More Reviews (34)
- I love beer but
- you can't always dress the part
- America the Beautiful
- See All pick up the Visitor's Guide
- Broken Arch Loop
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Arches National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Arches NP - Arches Sandstone Wonderland"
- "Finding the Angles at Arches"
- "Arches National Park"
- "Vistas around every bend..."
- "Amazing Arches"
- "ARCHES NATIONAL PARK - UTAH"
- "Desert Gem"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arches National Park
- Hotels in Arches National Park
- Transportation in Arches National Park
- Nightlife in Arches National Park
- Restaurants in Arches National Park
- Shopping in Arches National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Arches National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arches National Park
- 35 Reviews
- 66 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (142)
Have you been to Arches National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arches National Park
- updated a Arches National Park Travel Page "Finding the Angles at Arches"
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: PDF function from trip..."
- Commented on one of toonsarah's Arches National Park travel pages
- Wrote a Review I love beer but in Arches National Park Nightlife
- Uploaded a Photo to "come prepared to camp or miss a lot"
Photos in Arches National ParkSee All Photos (66)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos
- Arch viewing by car- 3 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Tower Arch- 1 Review, 5 Photos
- Fiery Furnace- 1 Review, 5 Photos
- Wolfe Ranch- 1 Review, 5 Photos
- Wolfe Ranch Petroglyphs- 1 Review, 5 Photos
- Primitive Trail- 1 Review, 5 Photos
- The Window Arches- 1 Review, 5 Photos
- Tunnel Arch- 1 Review, 5 Photos
- Pine Tree Arch- 1 Review, 5 Photos
- Garden of Eden- 1 Review, 5 Photos