Arches National Park Transportation Tips by richiecdisc Top 5 Page for this destination
Arches National Park Transportation: 11 reviews and 11 photos
after our showers
Arches is in the far eastern park of Utah, closer to some of the Arizona and Colorado National Parks as its state siblings. To get an idea of distances, it's only 120 miles and 3 hours to Mesa Verde National Park in Colorado and just about the same to Monument Valley in Arizona. It's about 30 miles from sister park Canyonlands across Route 191. It's a long but scenic 170 miles and four hours to Capitol Reef National Park. Mass transit between the parks is non-existent and if you're camping (and you should be) you'll be happy to be driving all your gear from place to place.
Arches charges a very reasonable $10 for a car load to enter the park for a period of up to 7 days. We were using the America the Beautiful Pass which costs $80 and allows a car load into any National Park or Federally Administered Land for one year.
Since there are no showers at Arches National Park, we showered at the Lazy Lizard Hostel. They charge $3 per person and are located on the south side of town at 1213 S Hwy 191.
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Reviews (34)
- I love beer but
- you can't always dress the part
- come prepared to camp or miss a lot
- See All pick up the Visitor's Guide
- Broken Arch Loop
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Arches National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Arches NP - Arches Sandstone Wonderland"
- "Finding the Angles at Arches"
- "Arches National Park"
- "Vistas around every bend..."
- "Amazing Arches"
- "ARCHES NATIONAL PARK - UTAH"
- "Desert Gem"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arches National Park
- Hotels in Arches National Park
- Transportation in Arches National Park
- Nightlife in Arches National Park
- Restaurants in Arches National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Arches National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Bacolod City Hotels
- Davao City Hotels
- Cagayan de Oro City Hotels
- Karachi Hotels
- Coron Hotels
- Islamabad Hotels
- Pengkalan Balak Hotels
- Bacolod City
- Atlantic City Hotels
- Kuching Hotels
- Cheras Hotels
- Sheepshead Bay Hotels
- Laoag City
- State of Jammu and Kashmir Hotels
- La Spezia
- Puerto Rico
- Bradford Hotels
Badges & Stats in Arches National Park
- 35 Reviews
- 66 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Arches National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arches National Park
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Need recommendations in..."
- Commented on one of toonsarah's Arches National Park travel pages
- Wrote a Review I love beer but in Arches National Park Nightlife
- Uploaded a Photo to "come prepared to camp or miss a lot"
- updated a Arches National Park Travel Page "Finding the Angles at Arches"
Photos in Arches National ParkSee All Photos (66)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos
Latest Arches National Park hotel reviews
- Devil's Garden Campground
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 7, 2013