"Build it and They will come: Cadillac Ranch" Amarillo by richiecdisc
Amarillo Travel Guide: 137 reviews and 297 photos
The Yellow Rose of Texas, Amarillo, lies smack dab in the middle of the narrowest part of the state which spans a mere two and a half hours across. This makes the drive a lot less daunting than driving through from the Louisiana border to El Paso on Texas western perimeter, nearly a twelve hour jaunt. It also brings you along the Texas portion of Route 66. Other than that, there isn't much of a reason to embark across this very flat and barren stretch of the country. Oh, unless you like Cadillacs that is. Home to the Cadillac Ranch and in an odd way to one of the great embodiments of the American Dream, Amarillo is on a lot more people's lists of stops across the USA than it would otherwise be.
Well there she sits buddy just a-gleaming in the sun
There to greet a working man when his day is done
I'm gonna pack my pa and I'm gonna pack my aunt
I'm gonna take them down to the Cadillac Ranch
Eldorado fins, whitewalls and skirts
Rides just like a little bit of heaven here on earth
Well buddy when I die throw my body in the back
And drive me to the junkyard in my Cadillac
The night before had been far better than our Little Rock excursion the previous day. Oklahoma City had proved more... more travel advice
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Amarillo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Amarillo Page"
- "A City Not Ready to Die with Boots on"
- "Why am I in Amarillo?"
- "Amarillo by Mornin'"
- "Texas Roadhouse and Cavendar's Boot City"
- "Build it and They will come: Cadillac Ranch"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amarillo
- Hotels in Amarillo
- Transportation in Amarillo
- Nightlife in Amarillo
- Restaurants in Amarillo
- Shopping in Amarillo
- Warnings and Dangers in Amarillo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amarillo
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (142)
Have you been to Amarillo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amarillo
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: PDF function from trip..."
- updated a Amarillo Travel Page "Build it and They will come: Cadillac Ranch"
- Wrote a Review finally in the Wild Wild West! in Amarillo Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "finally in the Wild Wild West!"
- Commented on one of brdwtchr's Amarillo travel pages
Photos in AmarilloSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos