Badlands National Park Hotel Tips by richiecdisc Top 5 Page for this destination
Badlands National Park Hotels: 11 reviews and 16 photos
picnic shelters help make camping bearable
Badlands is has only two camping options. Cedar Pass Campground is the least primitive of the two but do not expect a lush camping oasis. I camped here in 1994 but arrived quite late in the evening so basically set up my tent, watched a meteor shower from the inside of my tent and fell asleep to the stars. I packed up pretty early the next day and was off to my next stop. I am not so sure it would be a great spot to camp for more than one night. I did not camp here in 2008 as I was staying with a friend that very evening. I think if we knew just how late we would arrive and that we would nearly get a speeding ticket in the process, we just might have pitched our tent here for the night and just gone early the next morning!
Unique Qualities: The campground is fairly barren and obviously you can't expect any tree cover. You will be camping in exposed condition so if in a tent, keep an eye on the wind and expect the sun's considerable rays to have detrimental effects if you camp anywhere near the 14 day limit imposed by the park. Thankfully, the park does have covered picnic tables to make your meals more comfortable. Restrooms do feature flush toilets and running cold water. No showers are available in the park unless you are staying at the Cedar Pass Lodge. The fee is $14 per night.
Sage Creek Campground is off Sage Creek Rim Road which is not paved. It is a primitive campground with pit toilets and no running water. You must be self-sufficient to camp here but there is no fee as of 2008.
Comparison: least expensive
Directions: Off Badlands Loop Road, close to the Visitor Center.
Price: less than US$20
More Reviews (11)
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Badlands National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Awesome Badlands National Park!"
- "Basaic Badlands National Park Page"
- "On Second Glance: Not So Bad After All"
- "Beautiful Badlands"
- "Not really a honeymoon ;)"
- "Harsh Beauty"
- "The Beautiful Badlands"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Badlands National Park
- Hotels in Badlands National Park
- Transportation in Badlands National Park
- Nightlife in Badlands National Park
- Restaurants in Badlands National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Badlands National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Landmark Towers
- To-ma Apartments Budapest
- Mount Errigal Hotel
- Windy City Urban Inn
- Palazzo Selvadego
- NationalPark Hotel Klockerhaus
- Villas Nicolas
- Tariri Amazon Lodge
- Coral Mist Beach Hotel
- Thavorn Palm Beach Resort
- Comfort Hotel Esplanaden
- Amalia Hotel Nauplia
- Hotel Boboli
- Collingwood Thriftlodge
Badges & Stats in Badlands National Park
- 12 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (115)
Have you been to Badlands National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Badlands National Park
Photos in Badlands National ParkSee All Photos (21)
Read real reviews about Badlands National Park Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos