Badlands National Park Restaurant Tips by richiecdisc Top 5 Page for this destination
Badlands National Park Restaurants: 12 reviews and 13 photos
D getting blown away at Badlands
One of the things we liked best about Badlands National Park were the picnic shelters. The tables themselves were typical but they had a curved enclosure that not only protected you from sun from above but behind as well. These also provided some protection from the considerable winds that sweep through the Badlands. These were spread out over the course of the Badlands Loop Road and made great stops to grab something to eat, enjoy much needed liquid replenishment in this arid environment, and soak in the scenery out of your vehicle without being too exposed to the elements.
It was odd to be back in this arid desert-like environment again. It reminded us a lot of our eight weeks that spring spent in the US Southwest and in particular, of White Sands National Monument which also had spacey picnic shelters not so unlike these.
Favorite Dish: Cheese is great to carry in your cooler. It keeps well and goes well with most anything. It was rough going finding good bread in South Dakota so we opted for Wasa bread. Powder mixes like Gatorade are easiest to carry as they take up little space and you can make them up whenever you need them.
Comparison: least expensive
Directions: Scattered along Badlands Loop Road.
Price: less than US$10
More Reviews (11)
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Badlands National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Awesome Badlands National Park!"
- "Basaic Badlands National Park Page"
- "On Second Glance: Not So Bad After All"
- "Beautiful Badlands"
- "Not really a honeymoon ;)"
- "Harsh Beauty"
- "The Beautiful Badlands"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Badlands National Park
- Hotels in Badlands National Park
- Transportation in Badlands National Park
- Nightlife in Badlands National Park
- Restaurants in Badlands National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Badlands National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Sea Ranch Lakes Hotels
- Ann Arbor Hotels
- Tarifa (Cadiz)
- Rio Puerco Hotels
- Lerwick Hotels
Badges & Stats in Badlands National Park
- 12 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (115)
Have you been to Badlands National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Badlands National Park
Photos in Badlands National ParkSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos