Silver Falls State Park Favorite Tips by richiecdisc Top 5 Page for this destination
Silver Falls State Park Favorites: 5 reviews and 4 photos
salmon berries were just coming out yum yum
Fondest memory: The campground was as my cousin had foretold, a real beauty and a bargain at $16. We opted for two nights to wait out the heatwave in the lush forest that provided much relief from it as well as a spiritual uplift. The trail was the real bonus. After spending the previous four months hiking some of the nation's best, this one did not falter or take a second seat. It was the kind of hike you can't help but enjoy. At just under ten miles, it was long enough to get a work out in but short enough to never want it to be over. Ups and downs for variety and if walking through a lush forest with sun streaming through for effect doesn't interest you, I don't know why you came in the first place. The waterfalls were a mixed bag with some of the ten not really anything special but there were at least four you had to say “ah” at. I don't know anyone that doesn't like walking behind a waterfall and you get that opportunity four times on this beguiling trail. In fact, this was one trail that almost finished too soon but after a hot shower and sitting in our equally lush campsite, it seemed just about the perfect length. Listening to locals pays off especially when you're too smart to listen to your cousin.
Lower South Falls
Fondest memory: It felt so good to be back on a trail again, it could have been one far less pretty and it wouldn't have mattered. As it was, it was one of surprising scenic beauty. Sure, we had heard about the falls but no one quite prepared us for the lush forest we now walked in wonder through. Up and down would be a better description, but that felt great too. The Oregon coast had provided a nice rest from the rigors of hiking and backpacking that had been a big chunk of our six-month trip but aside from a few short walks, it didn't provide much exercise. We would normally have gone straight from there to Portland but the city was experiencing a heat wave that had kept us on the coast a day longer than we had planned already.
While camping with my cousin in northern California the week before, he had mentioned that Silver Falls State Park in Oregon was one of his favorite places to camp of all time. We tucked the information in the recesses of our brains and forgot about it somewhat as we were bowled over by the coastal scenery in the interim. But while hiking to Dry Creek Falls just off the coast, we ran into a couple from Salem, OR who said if we liked this hike we had to do the one at Silver Falls. This got our minds working and between the untypical temperatures in Portland and now two independent recommendations for Silver Falls, it seemed our fate was sealed. (concluded below in Fondest Memory)
More Reviews (7)
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Silver Falls State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Silver Falls State park"
- "Beautiful Scenery & Great Water Falls"
- "Listening to what the locals say: Silver Falls"
- "SILVER FALLS - THE VALLEY'S ANSWER TO MULTNOMAH"
- "North Falls and nine others"
- "Silver Falls"
- "There Is A Silver Lining In Silver Falls, Oregon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Silver Falls State Park
- Hotels in Silver Falls State Park
- Transportation in Silver Falls State Park
- Restaurants in Silver Falls State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Silver Falls State Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Makati Hotels
- Boracay Island Hotels
- Washington D.C. Hotels
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- Laoag City Hotels
- Davao Hotels
- Davao City Hotels
- Cagayan de Oro City Hotels
- Coron Hotels
- Grand Cayman Hotels
- Bacolod City
- Puerto Princesa Hotels
- Atlantic City Hotels
- Laoag City
- State of Jammu and Kashmir Hotels
- La Spezia
- Puerto Rico
- Palm Springs Hotels
- Bradford Hotels
Badges & Stats in Silver Falls State Park
- 9 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Silver Falls State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Silver Falls State Park
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Need recommendations in..."
- Commented on one of glabah's Silver Falls State Park travel pages
- Wrote a Review come prepared to camp in Silver Falls State Park What to Pack
- Uploaded a Photo to "worth the detour"
- updated a Silver Falls State Park Travel Page "Listening to what the locals say: Silver Falls"
Photos in Silver Falls State ParkSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos