"Oregon's Private Playground: Mount Hood" Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Hood by richiecdisc
Mount Hood Travel Guide: 86 reviews and 182 photos
The Mount Hood region of Oregon is one that could have easily gone the way of a National Park but sits rather as an example of a scenic area with a more recreational slant to it. This can be viewed as good or bad depending on who you ask. While it is more developed than perhaps it would be if given National Park status, it retains a bit of a national anonymity with it being mostly a playground for Oregonians. Locals surely enjoy its many use configuration with it being popular year round. Who can blame them, with it being a 90 minute drive from the state's biggest city. Missed by many tourists intent on rushing up the state's admittedly gorgeous coast, this splendid alpine region is well worth the effort to take at least a peek at. You will not only see some splendid nature but also see first hand the people of Oregon robustly enjoying their home state.
This is an area of changeable weather so even if traveling in summer, be prepared for cooler temperatures especially... more travel advice
In the morning, we decided to walk over to the lake. It was not quite as early as I normally would go out for a shoot... more travel advice
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Mount Hood Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Oregons Tallest mountain"
- "Top of Oregon"
- "Oregon's Private Playground: Mount Hood"
- "Spectacular Backdrop to Portland"
- "Up on Mt. Hood."
- "Amazing Scenery!"
- "Another Whopping Great Mtn in the Pacific Nor'west"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Hood
- Hotels in Mount Hood
- Transportation in Mount Hood
- Nightlife in Mount Hood
- Restaurants in Mount Hood
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Hood
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mount Hood
- 12 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Mount Hood?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Hood
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Need recommendations in..."
- Commented on one of mtncorg's Mount Hood travel pages
- updated a Mount Hood Travel Page "Oregon's Private Playground: Mount Hood"
- Wrote a Review lots of different photo opportunites in Mount Hood What to Pack
- Uploaded a Photo to "timing is often just a matter of luck"
Photos in Mount HoodSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos