Crater Lake National Park Packing List Tips by richiecdisc Top 5 Page for this destination

so, where is my dingo anyway? - Crater Lake National Park

so, where is my dingo anyway?

where's my dingo?

Luggage and bags: While the Pacific Crest Trail runs through the park and you could use a backpack if doing that, a small day pack will suffice for the relatively short trails around the lake.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Good hiking boots should be worn even on short trails as they tend to be steep and rocky. Trails tend to be short so you generally can get away without carrying extra clothing but if tackling longer hikes, bring something warm and rain resistant for changeable weather.

Photo Equipment: Crater Lake is a place you'll be glad you have the widest angle lens you can afford.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: A tent, sleeping bags and mats will cut your costs by making camping an option if staying at the lake. Budget options are otherwise limited.

Miscellaneous: I found this wide-brimmed hat while camping with my cousin a week earlier on the California coast. I wish I had it during the desert portion of our trip but i did get to use it here in Crater Lake, where it was sunny, sunny, sunny! :)

• Updated Oct 16, 2009

richiecdisc

“fairy tales can come true...”

Badges & Stats in Crater Lake National Park

Have you been to Crater Lake National Park?