Crater Lake National Park Packing List Tips by richiecdisc Top 5 Page for this destination
Crater Lake National Park What to Pack: 1 reviews and 1 photos
so, where is my dingo anyway?
Luggage and bags: While the Pacific Crest Trail runs through the park and you could use a backpack if doing that, a small day pack will suffice for the relatively short trails around the lake.
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Good hiking boots should be worn even on short trails as they tend to be steep and rocky. Trails tend to be short so you generally can get away without carrying extra clothing but if tackling longer hikes, bring something warm and rain resistant for changeable weather.
Photo Equipment: Crater Lake is a place you'll be glad you have the widest angle lens you can afford.
Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: A tent, sleeping bags and mats will cut your costs by making camping an option if staying at the lake. Budget options are otherwise limited.
Miscellaneous: I found this wide-brimmed hat while camping with my cousin a week earlier on the California coast. I wish I had it during the desert portion of our trip but i did get to use it here in Crater Lake, where it was sunny, sunny, sunny! :)
More Reviews (13)
- a place for big snows
- See All it was total, it was pure
- See All a bit of Crater Lake history
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Crater Lake National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Crater Lake National Park Page"
- "Crater Lake National Park"
- "Reflections of Crater Lake"
- "The purest body of water in the world!"
- "Crater Lake is Oregon's 'National' Park"
- "Jewel in the Cascades"
- "Where Else Can You Swim in a Volcano?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Crater Lake National Park
- Hotels in Crater Lake National Park
- Transportation in Crater Lake National Park
- Nightlife in Crater Lake National Park
- Restaurants in Crater Lake National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Crater Lake National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Dietlikon Hotels
- Waukegan Hotels
- Danau Cangkuang Hotels
- Lake Bemidji State Park Hotels
- Havre de Grace
Badges & Stats in Crater Lake National Park
- 14 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (115)
Have you been to Crater Lake National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Crater Lake National Park
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Need recommendations in..."
- updated a Crater Lake National Park Travel Page "Reflections of Crater Lake"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Reflections of Crater Lake"
- Wrote a Review a place for big snows in Crater Lake National Park Warnings and Dangers
- Commented on one of mtncorg's Crater Lake National Park travel pages
Photos in Crater Lake National ParkSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos
Latest Crater Lake National Park hotel reviews
- Crater Lake Lodge
- 435 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013