Crater Lake National Park Warnings Or Dangers Tips by richiecdisc Top 5 Page for this destination
Crater Lake National Park Warnings and Dangers: 7 reviews and 8 photos
D makes me eat my words or at least a bit of snow
Crater Lake National Park gets more than its share of snow. The Pacific Northwest is noted for precipitation and the lake's elevation and relative location to northwesterly winds makes for lots of it. The average snowfall is 44 feet per year so it's no wonder that the Rim Road is not open in winter. At this elevation, snow can linger well into summer.
When we arrived in early July 2008 we learned that a third of the Rim Road was still not open for the season due to very high snowfall and an unusually cold spring. Though it made getting around a bit tougher, it was great for us to have so much snow to play in since we live in South Florida and do not get to see it much. Also, it made for some beautiful photos as the peaks ringing the lake were all still heavily covered in the white stuff.
More Reviews (13)
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Crater Lake National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Crater Lake National Park Page"
- "Crater Lake National Park"
- "Reflections of Crater Lake"
- "The purest body of water in the world!"
- "Crater Lake is Oregon's 'National' Park"
- "Jewel in the Cascades"
- "Where Else Can You Swim in a Volcano?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Crater Lake National Park
- Hotels in Crater Lake National Park
- Transportation in Crater Lake National Park
- Nightlife in Crater Lake National Park
- Restaurants in Crater Lake National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Crater Lake National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Crater Lake National Park
- 14 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (142)
Have you been to Crater Lake National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Crater Lake National Park
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: PDF function from trip..."
- updated a Crater Lake National Park Travel Page "Reflections of Crater Lake"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Reflections of Crater Lake"
- Wrote a Review a place for big snows in Crater Lake National Park Warnings and Dangers
- Commented on one of mtncorg's Crater Lake National Park travel pages
Photos in Crater Lake National ParkSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos