"New Belgium: Bikes & The German Wife Factor" Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins by richiecdisc

Fort Collins Travel Guide: 159 reviews and 284 photos

Fort Collins is one of those cool towns we would love to live in. There may be no sights per se and architectural marvels are slim to none but it is surrounded by beautiful nature. The town attracts an active and liberal thinking populace; riding a bike to work is not uncommon. Well, at least the people working at New Belgium Brewing. Oh, that's why we stopped here. I admit it, it was the beer.

• Last visit to Fort Collins: Sep 2008
  • Intro Updated Dec 20, 2009

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2010 at 11:26 AM

Your experiences in the brewery and the beer tips themselves are excellent Richie! I'm already thirsty - but am in my work lunchbreak. Maybe I should have waited a few hours before looking at ths page!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2010 at 8:03 AM

We drove right past without even knowing about the brewery but as it was breakfast time maybe that's no bad thing! Will check it out if around here again but will have to pass on the German wife - Chris might object and a wife really isn't my thing lol

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2010 at 11:05 AM

My god, can you send me a copy of the map you use? It must be some kind of US brewery travel map ;-)

• Basaic's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2009 at 6:35 PM

As I drove down US 287, Fort Collins looked nery nice and inviting; but I was on my way to my niece's in Loveland. Thanks for the great page!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2009 at 6:31 AM

Wow, sounds like you all a good time and the place looks and sounds fantastic. Nice job!

• DoreenDe's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2009 at 3:29 PM

It was such a amazing place, full of fun, good beer & inspiration :) People working there seemed committed, not just doing their job.... I really like Don's suggestion :)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2009 at 3:14 PM

Wouldn't it be great if all the big banks and insurance companies would follow the example of the New Belgium Brewery and give their employees bicycles as a bonus, instead of all that corrupting money?

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2009 at 10:08 AM

Oh Richie, I can sense how much fun you had writing this one :-)) Gorgeous! Yes, D IS wise :-)) This seems to have been a real fun tour and luckily you weren't driving :-) Love the tiny beer glasses :-)

richiecdisc

“fairy tales can come true...”

Badges & Stats in Fort Collins

Have you been to Fort Collins?