"The Bold Beers of Boulder" Top 5 Page for this destination Boulder by richiecdisc

Boulder Travel Guide: 242 reviews and 333 photos

Boulder is one of those ultra cool towns in Colorado that any nature/adventure loving junkie would love to call home but unfortunately that popularity has placed it out of most of those very people's price ranges. As it stands, it's a great getaway for Denver natives as well as people visiting the Rockies from further afield. It is an affable, amenity-laden gateway town to nature at its very best and those natural attractions can be just on the town's periphery or a bit further like Rocky Mountain National Park. Though it has grown considerably, it remains largely a walkable place or better yet, choose a bike, the locals' favorite mode of transportation.

While the town is a pleasant place for a stroll, we came here to check out the local breweries as a reward for a great round of hiking in nearby Rocky National Park. I had been to Boulder on my first trip to Colorado in 1994 and it had changed quite a bit since that time. It was a little less hippie/alternative-infused or maybe it was just that those very same people had grown up in the 14 years since. I know I had.

• Last visit to Boulder: Sep 2008
  • Intro Written Dec 23, 2009

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Boulder looks like a nice little spot in which to treat yourself a bit after some hard hiking days! Those brew-pubs are making me thirsty! Nice accommodations find too.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2010 at 12:36 PM

I think I'm taking even longer to get back east than you two did! Seems you found no "Things to Do" here other than eat and drink, but I could live with that ;-)

• shohman's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2010 at 5:34 AM

Nice page. Boulder is one of my favorite places in the US.

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Nice little page. Luckily again I was checking this after dinner ;-)

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2009 at 11:01 AM

Wow, pretty houses and one gorgeous place to camp :-)) Ah and Falafel King Restaurant is exactly my place, I am craving for hummus right now :-) Haha, after all your excellent beer experience, will you still like the German ones?

• brewjohnson's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Your beer tasting notes are always appreciated and your Boulder micro-brewery reviews are excellent.

• DoreenDe's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2009 at 4:13 PM

I really do miss the camping & everything connected with it: the fresh air, our picnics & being able to pick up everything in a few minutes & going to another beautiful place :)

richiecdisc

“fairy tales can come true...”

Badges & Stats in Boulder

Have you been to Boulder?