"Sonoma Valley Bubblegum Blues" Top 5 Page for this destination Sonoma by richiecdisc
Sonoma Travel Guide: 268 reviews and 649 photos
It is no small wonder that assorted artists including Jack London have found their creative juices flowing more freely in the land of grapes commonly known as the Sonoma Valley. Nor is it surprising that indigenous people basked in an idyllic slice of what was to become California for some 12,000 years before it was ceremoniously invaded by the Spanish, Mexicans, and finally American east coasters looking to expand their horizons. With its close proximity to San Francisco it is also far from startling that it can become quite crowded on any given weekend. But with some care like going midweek and stopping at convenient picnic areas along the road, one can enjoy a relatively peaceful outing in this most pleasant corner of our planet. It’s not likely you’ll visit northern California and miss this excursion even if you don’t enjoy wine and if grapey pleasures are among your leanings, you’re likely to want to linger too.
One of the best things you can do in the Sonoma Valley is to have a picnic. It not only cuts the cost of dining out but... more travel advice
I love picnics and when you find a place as ideal to picnic in as the Sonoma Valley, you should take full advantage of... more travel advice
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Sonoma Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sonoma - Heart of the Wine Country"
- "Sonoma is Fine Even Without the Wine"
- "SONOMA. THE VALLEY OF THE MOON"
- "Sonoma Valley Bubblegum Blues"
- "Moon full of wine!"
- "Sonoma Valley"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sonoma
- Hotels in Sonoma
- Transportation in Sonoma
- Nightlife in Sonoma
- Restaurants in Sonoma
- Shopping in Sonoma
- Warnings and Dangers in Sonoma
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sonoma
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (115)
Have you been to Sonoma?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sonoma
Photos in SonomaSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos