Sequoia National Park Transportation Tips by richiecdisc Top 5 Page for this destination
Sequoia National Park Transportation: 9 reviews and 9 photos
one thing you cannot do if you come without car
There is now shuttle service from Visalia, CA to Sequoia that runs only in summer. Check park for details and dates. Fares include your park entrance and Visalia can be reached from major cities via mass transit. There is a free park shuttle that services the most popular points in the park. This is a valiant attempt to make a National Park truly accessible without a car so if so inclined please give it a chance. You'll probably save a few trees in the process.
We were traveling cross country so everything we needed for the trip was in our car and we were coming down from Yosemite. It made more sense for us to bring our car. If that is your plan, here are some typical distances to help with your planning:
Sequoia National Park is 280 miles and about 5 hours from San Francisco. It is 240 miles and 4 hours from LA. It is 400 miles and about 7 hours from Las Vegas. From Yosemite, it is 190 miles about 3.5 hours.
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Reviews (19)
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Sequoia National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "I Had to Tell a Tree about a Girl: Sequoia"
- "Sequoia National Park:California Family Adventure"
- "Sequoias reside in mountainous terrain"
- "The hidden park"
- "BEST OF THE SIERRA NEVADA"
- "SEQUOIA & KINGS CANYON NATIONAL PARK"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sequoia National Park
- Hotels in Sequoia National Park
- Transportation in Sequoia National Park
- Nightlife in Sequoia National Park
- Restaurants in Sequoia National Park
- Shopping in Sequoia National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Sequoia National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sequoia National Park
- 20 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (142)
Have you been to Sequoia National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sequoia National Park
- updated a Sequoia National Park Travel Page "I Had to Tell a Tree about a Girl: Sequoia"
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: PDF function from trip..."
- Wrote a Review do not miss camping in Sequoia in Sequoia National Park What to Pack
- Uploaded a Photo to "do not miss camping in Sequoia"
- Commented on one of sim1's Sequoia National Park travel pages
Photos in Sequoia National ParkSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos
- Sequoia National Park- 9 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Moro Rock- 9 Reviews, 13 Photos
- King's Canyon National Park- 5 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Tunnel Log- 6 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Crystal Cave Trail- 5 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Sherman Tree- 4 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Hospital Rock- 3 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Congress Trail- 2 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Tokopah Falls- 1 Review, 5 Photos
- Crescent Meadow- 2 Reviews, 3 Photos