"I Had to Tell a Tree about a Girl: Sequoia" Top 5 Page for this destination Sequoia National Park by richiecdisc
Sequoia National Park Travel Guide: 293 reviews and 638 photos
Sequoia and King's Canyon National Parks are often treated as one despite their glaring dissimilarities. The former is more user friendly for the average park visitor while the latter is truly the domain of the intrepid backpacker. Truth be known, there are both aspects to each park with Sequoia having its share of lengthy treks and King's Canyon featuring the General Grant Grove, perhaps more fitting to its sister park. It seems the parks would have been better split, east and west rather than their north and south configuration but the politics of park formation is something that matters little to those who visit them.
For that reason, this page deals with features of both parks and concentrates on the easier more accessible parts of them. While backpackers at heart, following an extended hearty exploration of Yosemite, we were more in the mood for short strolls amongst the gentle giants that take the name sequoia. These magical trees rarely fail to strike awe in all who choose to stand beside them.
These are great backpacking parks so if so inclined do bring one but a small day pack will suffice for the short strolls... more travel advice
It was also true that this park devoted entirely to such trees was joined to King's Canyon National Park to form one... more travel advice
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Sequoia National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "I Had to Tell a Tree about a Girl: Sequoia"
- "Sequoia National Park:California Family Adventure"
- "Sequoias reside in mountainous terrain"
- "The hidden park"
- "Sierra Nevada at its Best - SEQUOIA NAT PARK"
- "SEQUOIA & KINGS CANYON NATIONAL PARK"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sequoia National Park
- Hotels in Sequoia National Park
- Transportation in Sequoia National Park
- Nightlife in Sequoia National Park
- Restaurants in Sequoia National Park
- Shopping in Sequoia National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Sequoia National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sequoia National Park
- 20 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (142)
Have you been to Sequoia National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sequoia National Park
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: PDF function from trip..."
- updated a Sequoia National Park Travel Page "I Had to Tell a Tree about a Girl: Sequoia"
- Wrote a Review do not miss camping in Sequoia in Sequoia National Park What to Pack
- Uploaded a Photo to "do not miss camping in Sequoia"
- Commented on one of sim1's Sequoia National Park travel pages
Photos in Sequoia National ParkSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos