"At Home with Ernst: Santa Barbara" Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Barbara by richiecdisc

Santa Barbara Travel Guide: 656 reviews and 1,213 photos

Santa Barbara is the quintessential Southern Californian town. Framed by the Santa Ynez Mountains and mighty Pacific, its setting could not be much prettier. Add to this some beautiful historic Spanish-style buildings and a small town feel and one cannot be blamed for not wanting to move on. As much as Santa Barbara is a tourist town with fine eateries, pedestrian shopping and sights, it is even more a place you find yourself saying is one you would like to call home.

• Last visit to Santa Barbara: Jun 2008
  • Intro Updated Sep 11, 2009

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2009 at 7:38 AM

I can't believe we only spent a couple of hours here - what a lot we missed! As well as the scenery & architecture, I love the hummingbirds & jacaranda trees. Would love the craft show too, and found the crosses such an impactful protest

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2009 at 7:15 PM

You describe very well the feeling of contentment at finding such a beautiful & relaxing place, while also knowing that the first part of your trip had also been fantastic! Loved your photos, especially the Jacaranda tree, Mission grounds & hummingbirds!

• worldtrekker's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Awesome write-up Richie! It was great hosting you guys - always a pleasure to have friends visit. I haven't had time to miss Santa Barbara yet - since being on the road again keeps me really busy enjoying other places!

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Believe it or not, while reading your page I was so curious, I went to check Google map to see where is Santa Barbara and where is Santa Monica :)))

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Richie -- Great tips, photos, and commentary! Certainly, I share the same opinion of Santa Barbara. In 2000, I spent a week there -- and it is truly a lovely place. Cheers, Bill

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Lovely page R! The whole town is sculputred after the old mission style. I know I enjoyed all the fantastic architecture. Thank you for reminding me how special SB is.

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2009 at 11:55 PM

only second ;) Oh, Santa Barbara... it reminds me of my beloved Azorean village :) Lovely town with charming old buildings and beautiful coastal scenery! Certainly more fun to do it with a local friend! Madonnari Festival would be something for me :)

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2009 at 6:04 AM

(oh, first :-) What a beautiful place of this world!! Jacarandas in bloom is something fantastic, isn't it? Love the street murals and the photo of D & you in the mission's garden. But... well, now that you wrote who took it :-))

richiecdisc

“fairy tales can come true...”

Badges & Stats in Santa Barbara

Have you been to Santa Barbara?