San Francisco Transportation Tips by richiecdisc
San Francisco Transportation: 623 reviews and 790 photos
how can you resist, even for $5.00
Though San Francisco is a pleasure to walk around, there is an extensive mass transit system for those lacking the fitness to do it all on foot or for the longer hauls that would take too much time. BART is more or less a commuter train that runs to the suburbs and conveniently to the SF International Airport. This twenty minute run costs just $4.95 one way and runs three times an hour in peak hours. You can get tickets at automated machines before you board. You can also get out to Berkeley for a couple bucks. MUNI is a more extensive system of buses and trams that really get you into the meat of the city. It costs just $1.50 and you get a transfer for between 90 minutes and three hours depending on the generosity of the driver. The cable cars have become a bit of a tourist trap unfortunately. They are an amazing piece of time warp travel and everyone that visits has to ride one once. You can also visit the Cable Car Museum for free and it’s well worth your time. To ride one, it cost $5.00 per segment! If you think you’ll use them even just twice, buy the day pass for $10.00 and enjoy. There are numerous mass transit passes but unfortunately none of the affordable ones include the Cable Cars so I didn’t find them worthwhile. If you’re going to walk most places, which is easy enough to do, it’s better to just buy a bus ticket for when you need it as that is how you’ll get to the more remote areas of the city.
More Reviews (57)
- See All to know her is to love her
- See All a good bet if you have a car
- See All The Haight Spot for Beer Afficionados
- See All Head to the Sonoma Valley for some wine
- See All Golden Gate Bridge
- picnie supplies
- There are numerous hikes close to the...
- break your shoes in before you come
- See All Try the local beers
- See All great location and better than expected
- beware the steep San Francisco streets
Been to San Francisco?Share your travels with the world!
richiecdisc's Related Pages
San Francisco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bagdad by the Bay"
- "San Francisco - My Favorie City - By Default"
- "San Francisco - "It's a free-for-all up there!""
- "SFO ... a declassé love letter to the CITY"
- "San Francisco: Why this heart never leaves"
- "I Left My Heart..."
- "San Francisco is Really Shaking Things Up!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Francisco
- Hotels in San Francisco
- Transportation in San Francisco
- Nightlife in San Francisco
- Restaurants in San Francisco
- Shopping in San Francisco
- Warnings and Dangers in San Francisco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Francisco
- 58 Reviews
- 95 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (142)
Have you been to San Francisco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Francisco
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: PDF function from trip..."
- Commented on one of kiwi's San Francisco tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "a taste of Saigon"
- Wrote a Review to know her is to love her about S.F. Pets in San Francisco Favorites
- updated a San Francisco Travel Page "San Francisco: An Alternate Take"
Photos in San FranciscoSee All Photos (95)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (43)
- Lombard Street- 134 Reviews, 213 Photos
- Alcatraz- 292 Reviews, 488 Photos
- Golden Gate Bridge- 245 Reviews, 392 Photos
- Fisherman's Wharf- 179 Reviews, 323 Photos
- Chinatown- 179 Reviews, 311 Photos
- Coit Tower- 135 Reviews, 256 Photos
- Golden Gate Park- 105 Reviews, 202 Photos
- Pier 39- 114 Reviews, 205 Photos
- Alamo Square- 66 Reviews, 101 Photos
- Muir Woods- 36 Reviews, 68 Photos
See All San Francisco Things to Do