"Northern California Explorer" Top 5 Page for this destination Mendocino by richiecdisc
Mendocino Travel Guide: 76 reviews and 177 photos
California is the place where the mountains meet the sand. Most visitors are quite content to fly into Los Angeles, enjoy its typical Southern California lifestyle for a few days, head up through Big Sur to San Francisco and maybe the wine region just beyond. With limited time, it is surely a good choice. Those with a bit more time and an inclination to nature venture to Yosemite which proves quite convincingly that all the state's gems are not along the coast. But this is a big state and there is a lot to explore beyond these more noted sights. Northern California seems to be the realm of locals and those determined to get to the core of the golden state. If you are looking to do the same or are going to Oregon to the north, try hugging the coast rather than heading up the Interstate. With a rugged coast equal to Big Sur, some quaint towns from the logging era, and a lot fewer people than in its more famous south, you will be glad you did.
Mendocino is quintessential Northern California and while this page concentrates on this historical logging town, it also encompasses areas as far north as Redwood National Park along with stops we made on our way from San Francisco to it. Since we did the region in a matter of a few days, it made more sense to make it one cohesive page rather than a series of short detached ones.
The California Coastal Redwood is the tallest tree in the world. These incredible trees are in the same family as... more travel advice
The 4th of July is one of the biggest holidays in the US. It's kind a combination of national pride, the beginning of... more travel advice
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Mendocino Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Northern California Explorer"
- "Relax on California?s Northern Coast"
- "Not the sunny California you've heard about."
- "A Village The Way It Was"
- "Mendocino-A little bit of Maine on the West Coast"
- "MENDOCINO or CABOT COVE??"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mendocino
- Hotels in Mendocino
- Transportation in Mendocino
- Nightlife in Mendocino
- Restaurants in Mendocino
- Shopping in Mendocino
- Warnings and Dangers in Mendocino
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mendocino
- 24 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (142)
Have you been to Mendocino?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mendocino
Photos in MendocinoSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos