"Beers G-Style: Hollywood" Top 5 Page for this destination Hollywood by richiecdisc

Hollywood Travel Guide: 453 reviews and 1,310 photos

Hollywood may conquer the world in the movies but in real life, most find it disappointing. While its influence is as strong as ever despite more global competition in the film industry, its ragged facade is worse for wear and tear and is in need of some sprucing up. That said, this quirky time-capsule quality is perhaps its greatest asset. As an iconic small town USA within the greater Los Angeles Megalopolis, it does exude some esoteric charm and with closer inspection, one finds a more user-friendly place than one might expect. With an agreeable climate and endless dining and nightlife possibilities, Hollywood is an interesting tourist destination even if not what one came looking for in the first place.

finally having a beer with G

Of course, the real reason for coming to Hollywood (well, LA) was to meet our master of ceremonies, G. They were some long awaited beers we finally had together and the ensuing conversations full of travel, philosophy and a healthy dose of laughter. Thanks for a great evening, G.

• Last visit to Hollywood: Jun 2008
  • Intro Updated Sep 5, 2009

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2009 at 5:34 PM

It is great that Hollywood finally gave you and G a chance to meet in person! I'm also glad to see that I'm not the only one getting lost driving around strange places! It looks like you did very well with your restaurants though.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2009 at 9:27 AM

Great that you and G got to hang together - tho a shame we didn't manage that as well in the later part of your trip ;-) Can't believe Chris & I haven't discovered In-N-Out - sounds right up our street!

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2009 at 1:19 PM

he he, a nice view on Hollywood and the original Hollywood stars :)

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2009 at 1:18 PM

Wow, I just hit the floor in shock, you stayed in a hotel..lol! I was expecting the beautiful blue tent propped up next to the Hollywood sign:) Nice page, glad you had some brew!!!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2009 at 10:51 PM

You mean that in the 3rd millenium AD there is still a something that makes french fries out of real potatoes??? Can't believe that! Haha, I guess at one point in time each of us must make the pilgrimage to our beloved HQ :-)

• DoreenDe's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2009 at 4:38 PM

As far as I remember it was you taking the picture, not Johnny Depp. So, therefore you got the look, silly ;)

richiecdisc

“fairy tales can come true...”

Badges & Stats in Hollywood

Have you been to Hollywood?

Latest Activity in Hollywood