"Low on Gas, not on Ghosts: Bodie" Top 5 Page for this destination Bodie State Historic Park by richiecdisc

Bodie State Historic Park Travel Guide: 95 reviews and 226 photos

The ghost town of Bodie captures the imagination of anyone that has seen a photograph of its deserted streets and timeless old buildings and artifacts. But unlike many things that permeate our minds so strongly in images, seeing it in person does not disappoint. Maybe that is because the place is so damn photogenic. It is hard to take a bad picture here. But more likely it is because for many, these images are so intrinsically connected to fantasies that they played out in childhood and who does not want to return there sometimes?

• Last visit to Bodie State Historic Park: Jun 2008
  • Intro Updated Sep 28, 2009

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2009 at 8:49 AM

Love the sepia shot - well, ALL the photos in fact! I reckon you would have seen women in the saloon - just not the sort that men would have married ;-) And if you think that's a lot to pay for gas don't come to the UK - it's even more here!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2009 at 6:00 PM

A beautiful location that provides a very interesting glimpse into the past - especially thanks to the good weather and your tips! I've had a few of those gasoline moments myself and they are not much fun. To me, Brodie looks like it was worth your time!

• DoreenDe's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2009 at 3:15 PM

I wasn't too happy either about our situation but now it is a good story to tell :) Next time we know better ;)

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2009 at 11:32 AM

Interesting, seems almost like in the middle ages ;-) Great photos of Lake Mono, looks amazing.

• Antji's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2009 at 9:31 AM

Let´s have a beer in the saloon Richie;) I enjoyed your pics and tipps and hope to see a ghost town in U.S. onedays aswell. Hugs from Dresden

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2009 at 8:59 AM

Fantastic photos of this cute little town! My goodness, the prices I remember were well below 1 USD per gallon. Have fun in DC and enjoy these fantastic fall colours :-)

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Wonderfully done Richie, I see your working on it as I type this..lol! Oh my, we noticed how high the gas prices were along Hwy 395 and in at Lake Tahoe no less. Have fun in DC!

richiecdisc

“fairy tales can come true...”

Badges & Stats in Bodie State Historic Park

Have you been to Bodie State Historic Park?