"Getting to the Bottom of the Grand Canyon" Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park by richiecdisc
Grand Canyon National Park Travel Guide: 565 reviews and 1,394 photos
Immense, not only in its vast size, but also in its place in the psyche of Americans by citizenship and those who travel here from afar by choice, the Grand Canyon is the icon of the American National Park system. Even with such hype, few are disappointed by their first gander of its grandeur on broaching the canyon's rim. It is that rare time that one can precisely imagine how our predecessors on the planet felt on first seeing it. It's likely exactly as we do now. In complete and utter awe. It would be a losing conjecture to argue that Native Americans have not held this special place sacred long before the white man laid eyes on it. But by the same token, even as these rightful inhabitants gain more control over their native lands in general, the Grand Canyon is unlikely to ever be taken from the realm of the masses. It is just too big a part of what the United States stands for when in control by leaders who truly understand its doctrines. Protection of those things special take precedence over gain in the monetary, and needless to say short run. The Grand Canyon is one thing we must all learn to share. Its preservation is our salvation.
One of the most developed in the National Park System, the Grand Canyon is accessible from every angle imaginable. There are scenic drives along the rim with many pullouts featuring explanatory signs.The new Visitor Center is something out of Disney World, as big it seems as the canyon itself. You can hike along the rim for a flat and scenic walk or hike to varying degrees into the canyon. Full amenity camping is offered on the rim and back country campsites at various spots on the way into and at the bottom of the canyon. You can either walk or ride a mule to these. Rafting is also popular on the Colorado River. This may all add up to a very crowded place during the main season but there's no denying that you name it, the Grand Canyon has it.
I love hiking and to me between my legs and the great shuttle bus service at the Grand Canyon, you almost don't need a... more travel advice
backpack is essential for doing a trip to the canyon floor, day bag for day hikes light long pants and shirts for sun... more travel advice
- the bottom of the Grand Canyon
- See All next time....
- See All North Kaibab Trail
- See All don't feed the squirrels
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Grand Canyon National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Grand Canyon, Colorado River Rafting"
- "Getting to the Bottom of the Grand Canyon"
- "Grand Canyon is a lot of things to a lot of people"
- "A Walk Through Time"
- "Grand Means Big and Deep Canyon"
- "Let's go rafting!!"
- "A Sunrise in October"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grand Canyon National Park
- Hotels in Grand Canyon National Park
- Transportation in Grand Canyon National Park
- Nightlife in Grand Canyon National Park
- Restaurants in Grand Canyon National Park
- Shopping in Grand Canyon National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Grand Canyon National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grand Canyon National Park
- 40 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to Grand Canyon National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grand Canyon National Park
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Need recommendations in..."
- Commented on one of doug48's Grand Canyon National Park travel pages
- updated a Grand Canyon National Park Travel Page "Getting to the Bottom of the Grand Canyon"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cafe Glow"
- Wrote a Review I love to walk but you still need a car about Entrance fee in Grand Canyon National Park Transportation
Photos in Grand Canyon National ParkSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos