"Traditional Germany: A Pilgrim's Plight" Germany by richiecdisc
Germany Travel Guide: 57,731 reviews and 171,741 photos
Germany epitomizes Europe in many ways. It is a country that truly takes its traditions seriously and in its quest to maintain old town architecture and culinary culture as it has been for centuries, it harkens visitors to a previous and perhaps simpler time. Though advanced in all technical aspects with all modern conveniences, it is still a place where people visit the local butcher shop or bakery to get the freshest products on a daily basis. This old world charm seems to permeate many everyday aspects of life and is pronounced most in the many old town centers where you can find perfectly preserved scenes from a previous era, the most fascinating of which for me are those places that have been serving beer for many generations. Beer is an integral part of German culture and they take their traditions seriously with regard to it. There is a timeless quality about drinking a beer that townspeople drank in just that same place centuries ago. The best part is there appears to be no rush, this is a country that holds such things dearly, and these classic old places seem to be in no danger of extinction. Enjoy the many sights of Germany but do not forget the beer. Often in seeking out unique ones, you find special places that are just as interesting as the marquee destinations, sometimes more so.
The cathedral in Cologne is justifiably famous. Cologne is not only the home of the tallest cathedral in Europe, but... more travel advice
Wander the cobbled stone streets of Quedlingburg and enjoy some of the narrowest of half-timbered houses. In the former... more travel advice
- Neushwanstein is a picuresque...
- See All Braureigasthof Klosterbrau in...
- Dresden by night.
- Schlenkerla in Bamberg.
- Packing List
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Germany Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where to go and what to see !"
- "Germany - my beautiful home country :-)"
- "Germany on a Budget from an Insider"
- "Breweries, Hikes and Climbs"
- "Germany - Home, sweet Home!"
- "Paul's Germany Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Germany
- Hotels in Germany
- Transportation in Germany
- Nightlife in Germany
- Restaurants in Germany
- Shopping in Germany
- Warnings and Dangers in Germany
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Germany
- 562 Reviews
- 878 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 24 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (142)
Have you been to Germany?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Germany
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: PDF function from trip..."
- Commented on one of Trekki's Germany tips
- created a Germany Travel Page "Traditional Germany: A Pilgrim's Plight"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Traditional Germany: A Pilgrim's Plight"
- Wrote a Review The cathedral in Cologne is... in Germany Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos