Galápagos Islands Sports & Outdoors Tips by richiecdisc Top 5 Page for this destination
Galápagos Islands Sports & Outdoors: 11 reviews and 15 photos
D enjoys swimming with sea lions & turtles
No trip to the Galapagos Islands is complete without getting below the water's surface. There is so much to see under water and it's one place to escape the crowds. Well, to be honest, it's not all that crowded on the Galapagos but the serenity of being under water is something you shouldn't miss. Also, though it's quite cool to see a sea lion or turtle, it's quite another to see one coming at you under water. It's one experience I think that separates the Galapagos from other destinations. So, get in the water and enjoy all of the Galapagos has to offer.
Equipment: Though you could bring all your gear for either scuba diving or snorkeling it is readily available there. If you are traveling around Ecuador, it would be a lot to lug around. So, unless you are very into diving, just use what is available there. We found the equipment to be fine and cheap to rent. In fact, if you book your tours through one operator they will throw it in or at least let you use it during the week even when you are not on a tour. We used Charles Darwin Agency and the owner was quite helpful.
Directions: Of course, you can snorkel on tours but also check out the free spots like Concha Perla on Isabella and Las Grietas on Santa Cruz.
Theme: Scuba Diving
More Reviews (53)
- keep your eyes open
- confirm, confirm, confirm
- when the sun goes down
- See All odd that no one eats crabs
- fresh fish anyone
- go wide, go long
- check your snorkel before you leave
- See All one penguin for the road, please
- so where is my $100 going anyway?
- See All you'll need to get used to boats
- See All right on the beach, in a jungle
- See All great local baked goods
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Galápagos Islands Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Galapagos Islands"
- "Places and faces of the Galapagos"
- "Independently Galapagos"
- "A world apart"
- "The Enchanted Islands"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Galápagos Islands
- Hotels in Galápagos Islands
- Transportation in Galápagos Islands
- Nightlife in Galápagos Islands
- Restaurants in Galápagos Islands
- Shopping in Galápagos Islands
- Warnings and Dangers in Galápagos Islands
- See All...
Explore the World
- Kampong Permaisuri Hotels
- Lake Huron Hotels
- Meijendel Hotels
- Rosalina Mare Hotels
Badges & Stats in Galápagos Islands
- 54 Reviews
- 125 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (115)
Have you been to Galápagos Islands?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Galápagos Islands
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Need recommendations in..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "don't miss the beach & Turtle Bay"
- Commented on one of Luchonda's Galápagos Islands travel pages
- updated a Galápagos Islands Travel Page "Independently Galapagos"
- Wrote a Review keep your eyes open in Galápagos Islands Off The Beaten Path
Photos in Galápagos IslandsSee All Photos (125)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos