Galápagos Islands Shopping Tips by richiecdisc Top 5 Page for this destination
Galápagos Islands Shopping: 13 reviews and 14 photos
it doesn't get any fresher than this
The main supermarket on Avenue Charles Darwin in Puerto Ayora on Santa Cruz was a pretty decent one and considering its location and being on the Galapagos Islands not all that overpriced. It was a pretty basic place, perhaps a bit run down but it was hopping at night with travelers going up and down the isles getting stuff for the next day's excursions. The funniest part was people drinking beer while walking around so they didn't have to pay the deposit on the bottle! Well, they did seem to be enjoying their shopping more too.
What to buy: You could get beer here but if you forgot to bring back the bottles for the deposit money probably not much less than drinking them in cheap restaurants! We loved getting roasted corn. It's like popcorn that isn't quite popped. Very good with...well, yes, beer. The had decent little rolls and yogurt drinks that were good for breakfast too.
There were fishing boats that were filleting fish and chances are offering good deals on them too.
Directions: Right on Avenue Charles Darwin, the promenade that runs along the water in Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz.
Theme: Food and Drink
More Reviews (53)
- keep your eyes open
- confirm, confirm, confirm
- when the sun goes down
- See All odd that no one eats crabs
- go wide, go long
- check your snorkel before you leave
- by all means get in the water!
- See All one penguin for the road, please
- so where is my $100 going anyway?
- See All you'll need to get used to boats
- See All right on the beach, in a jungle
- See All great local baked goods
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Galápagos Islands Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Galapagos Islands"
- "Places and faces of the Galapagos"
- "Independently Galapagos"
- "A world apart"
- "The Enchanted Islands"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Galápagos Islands
- Hotels in Galápagos Islands
- Transportation in Galápagos Islands
- Nightlife in Galápagos Islands
- Restaurants in Galápagos Islands
- Shopping in Galápagos Islands
- Warnings and Dangers in Galápagos Islands
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Galápagos Islands
- 54 Reviews
- 125 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to Galápagos Islands?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Galápagos Islands
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Need recommendations in..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "don't miss the beach & Turtle Bay"
- Commented on one of Luchonda's Galápagos Islands travel pages
- updated a Galápagos Islands Travel Page "Independently Galapagos"
- Wrote a Review keep your eyes open in Galápagos Islands Off The Beaten Path
Photos in Galápagos IslandsSee All Photos (125)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos