"Courting Cotopaxi & The Lonely Bull" Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Cotopaxi by richiecdisc
Provincia de Cotopaxi Travel Guide: 266 reviews and 1,406 photos
As Ecuador strives to become one of South America’s top tourist destinations, the Galapagos Islands and the Amazon basin come unsurprisingly to the forefront. After all, they are amazing areas and are generally visited on some type of organized tour thus taking the danger out of Ecuador’s dubious reputation for risk. But it is the Andes that are the heart and soul of this emerging nation. No visit to Ecuador is complete without at least a cursory visit to this stunning region. Spectacular volcanoes dot the harsh windswept barren landscape like monumental blips on an otherwise sun scorched plateau while its indigenous inhabitants sway between their Incan past and western intrusion. Compacted into a ridiculously small region the Andes of Ecuador not only are the continent’s most easily explored but their close proximity to the sea, jungle and the nation’s capital makes them nearly impossible to not at least pass through unless your travel is entirely by air. And why do that when below you lies not only one of the planet’s great wonders but also one of South America’s greatest road infrastructures, one surely modernized but still a remnant of what the Incas utilized for nearly a century.
If you can avoid going to Cotopaxi for just a day trip. You'll be sorry if you do and the great one does not show his... more travel advice
It’s hard to believe you can’t drink water from a fresh mountain stream but there aren’t too many places that giardia is... more travel advice
- backpacking is fun!
- to capture you need the right net
- a river runs through it
- a place where staying up late makes...
- jealous llamas
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Provincia de Cotopaxi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Courting Cotopaxi & The Lonely Bull"
- "Cotopaxi National Park"
- "Ain’t no mountain high enough ..."
- "Volcán Cotopaxi - 5897 metres"
- "The Paramo Is Vast"
- "Roaming around Cotopaxi National Park"
- "Parque Nacional Cotopaxi"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Provincia de Cotopaxi
- Hotels in Provincia de Cotopaxi
- Transportation in Provincia de Cotopaxi
- Nightlife in Provincia de Cotopaxi
- Restaurants in Provincia de Cotopaxi
- Shopping in Provincia de Cotopaxi
- Warnings and Dangers in Provincia de Cotopaxi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Provincia de Cotopaxi
- 67 Reviews
- 140 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (115)
Have you been to Provincia de Cotopaxi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Provincia de Cotopaxi
- Commented on one of MalenaN's Provincia de Cotopaxi travel pages
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Need recommendations in..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Courting Cotopaxi & The Lonely Bull"
- updated a Provincia de Cotopaxi Travel Page "Courting Cotopaxi & The Lonely Bull"
- Wrote a Review bound to be trapped by beauty in Provincia de Cotopaxi Tourist Traps
Photos in Provincia de CotopaxiSee All Photos (140)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos
Top Provincia de Cotopaxi hotels
- Zumbagua Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 58 Photos
- Latacunga Hotels
- 47 Reviews - 152 Photos
- Saquisilí Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 34 Photos
- Laguna Quilotoa Hotels
- 62 Reviews - 415 Photos
- Pujilí Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 27 Photos
- Lasso Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Isinliví Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 135 Photos
- Hacienda La Ciénega Hotels
- 17 Reviews - 22 Photos
- Chugchilán Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 201 Photos