"Hanging from a tree & the Black Dog: Thailand" Thailand by richiecdisc
Thailand Travel Guide: 31,693 reviews and 81,367 photos
Thailand is one of those places that instantly conjures images: pearly white beaches, lush jungle, and the chaotic dichotomy that is Bangkok. Perhaps the most accessible of all of the more exotic Asian destinations, it retains its allure and never ceases to satisfy all but the most jaded traveler. You can lie effortlessly on either a build-up Westernized beach or one surrounded by old world styled huts. You may find yourself atop an elephant, rummaging through the jungle on your way to experience a remote village that though heavily influenced by countless past visitors, still retains much of it’s simple life style and is more than a living museum. And boisterous Bangkok is bound to make an impression, with temples seemingly built of gold and air so polluted you’ll find yourself showering twice a day to remove the soot from your hair and nostrils, no longer laughing at the pedestrians you saw the first day wearing surgical masks to brave their local streets. And of course, don’t forget the food, an array like little you’ll see anywhere. But what makes Thailand so popular are the Thais themselves. An industrious lot with a keen nose for tourism, they make the exotic so easily attained that the above three things can be managed in a typical two week vacation, though it will seem anything but typical when you are doing it. And those two weeks will go by all too fast.
Hiking to the next village brought us to some magnificent waterfalls. more travel advice
Even more scenic than the first night, a thunderstorm added to the drama. more travel advice
- See All Lots of decent beers in...
- See All You must remember that there...
- We arrived in the south of...
- See All Packing List
- The morning wash-up at the...
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Thailand Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Thailand - BpraThetThai"
- "Beautiful Thailand!!"
- "Siam - Land of the Smiles"
- "*The Land of Smiles"
- "but where is your soul?"
- "A Different Thailand - The Non-Standard Places"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Thailand
- Hotels in Thailand
- Transportation in Thailand
- Nightlife in Thailand
- Restaurants in Thailand
- Shopping in Thailand
- Warnings and Dangers in Thailand
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Thailand
- 51 Reviews
- 60 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (142)
Have you been to Thailand?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Thailand
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: PDF function from trip..."
- Commented on one of Gili_S's Thailand travel pages
- Wrote a Review Hiking to the next village... in Thailand Things to Do
- created a Thailand Travel Page "Hanging from a tree & the Black Dog: Thailand"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hanging from a tree & the Black Dog: Thailand"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos