"Most Magical Nepal" Nepal by richiecdisc

Nepal Travel Guide: 4,011 reviews and 10,830 photos

Once I discovered trekking, I immediately wanted to hike in the vicinity of the biggest, most spectacular mountains in the world, the Himalayas. To be honest, I knew Mt. Everest was the biggest mountain, but I really didn't know where it was. This is how I came to Nepal as a destination. That's where Everest was so I had to go there. Little did I know what a special place it would be with a warm friendly population and lots of images I'd never imagined to be in such close proximity to the alpine splendor I'd come to court.

• Last visit to Nepal: Oct 1996
  • Intro Written Sep 10, 2002

• Euroman's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2013 at 7:21 AM

Nice page with a lot of useful info for all who wants to come close to Everest to see it! Thanks.

• PierreZA's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2008 at 12:43 AM

Very nice page, will be there in December, thanx Pierre

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2006 at 4:11 AM

Next year we'll visit the Himalayas too from from the other side (Tibet).

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2005 at 10:36 PM

Chocolate croissants in Nepal ?? Great - seems to be my place :-) Exciting off-the track tips - Cho La and Gokyo look awesome !!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2005 at 4:39 AM

An interesting page on your 'old' trekking adventures Richie! The area certainly looks spectacular and it must have really been something to actually be experiencing this exotic location instead of just reading about it!!

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2005 at 1:59 PM

words can`t do it justice...think it must have been something like the Annapurna circuit. I can tell this was an early page, your style has improved!

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2004 at 12:04 PM

Very impressive and informative page with breathtaking pictures. Once I hope to visit Nepal. Till now I visited only Kathmandu on my way home after my trip to Tibet.

• butterfly_girl's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2004 at 7:20 AM

Fantastic Nepal page and tips!!!

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2003 at 4:57 PM

Good job. A great page on one of my dream trips. Hope to get there one day.

• CandS's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2003 at 6:45 AM

Wow, fantastic page!! Thanks for sharing... I think it would be one amazing trip!!!

richiecdisc

“fairy tales can come true...”

Badges & Stats in Nepal