"If Big is Better, then Budapest is Best" Budapest by richiecdisc
Budapest Travel Guide: 7,613 reviews and 17,595 photos
Budapest is one of those rare cities that both lives up to any of your wildest expectations and catches you by surprise all in the same breath. Though long regarded as the first city of Eastern Europe, it has shared a dual existence as one of the first eastern destinations to lure western visitors and as such seems more westernized than neighboring Croatia and Poland though language barriers remain more pronounced. Perhaps it is this dichotomy that makes this exotic locale so intriguing. Even the name conjures up visions of a place not wholly in Europe, and verging on the Middle East. But after one accepts these barriers as part of the mystique, the visual spectacle presents itself in a variety of architecture with a grandeur not seen in many cities and you will find yourself walking around agape with senses overloaded.
Fantastic Metro system. Get a strip of ten tickets for 950 ft or a bit more than $3. There are numerous boats for... more travel advice
Karcsi Vendeglo at VI Jokai utca 20 had not only the most authentic and inexpensive Hungarian food I found, they also... more travel advice
- Touts will approach you at the...
- See All Kaltenberg.
- See All St. Stephen's Basilica.
- Packing List
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Budapest Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Budapest - My dear hometown! :)"
- "Budapest, the "Phoenix bird", my lovely home city"
- "A fantastic town along the Danube River"
- "A New Year, A New City"
- "SUCH A GORGEOUS CITY"
- "I could get used to this!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Budapest
- Hotels in Budapest
- Transportation in Budapest
- Nightlife in Budapest
- Restaurants in Budapest
- Shopping in Budapest
- Warnings and Dangers in Budapest
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Budapest
- 24 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 62 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to Budapest?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Budapest
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Need recommendations in..."
- Commented on one of soncnica's Budapest travel pages
- created a Budapest Travel Page "If Big is Better, then Budapest is Best"
- Uploaded a Photo to "If Big is Better, then Budapest is Best"
- Wrote a Review Fantastic Metro system. Get a... in Budapest Transportation
Photos in BudapestSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos