Khett Siem Reab Off The Beaten Path Tips by richiecdisc
Khett Siem Reab Off The Beaten Path: 62 reviews and 121 photos
intricate Hindu carvings at Banteay Srei
Banteay Srei is not exactly an unknown as many travelers want to visit one of Angkor’s most intricate and different temples but since it is a bit of a ride, many motto drivers try and charge an additional fee for taking you there. Factor in the time to and fro and many decide to forgo it entirely. We were glad we bargained our driver into taking us there at no additional charge as the ride there was as interesting and pleasant as not only the temple itself but being at Angkor in general. It was very refreshing having the wind whip through our hair and the village life we passed through was unspoiled even by Cambodian standards. We stopped and bought some bananas when we were hungry and the local kids got a kick out of us attempting our purchase. The temple itself was empty the whole time we were there as we left very early in the morning for the adventure and it was as described the most different of the Angkor temples, with intricate Hindu carvings adorning many of the doorways. It would be quicker to do it on the back of a single motto but we enjoyed being together in our little chariot and even if it took a bit longer, there were no complaints on the destination or the road that got us there.
More Reviews (14)
- See All oh, like you'll forget Angkor Wat
- Cambodia's most scenic boat trip
- one tall thin German girlfriend
- See All that's when the fun starts
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Khett Siem Reab Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Diva's Guide to Angkor"
- "Siem Reap"
- "Keeweechic's Siem Reap"
- "Amazing Ankor Wat"
- "Los templos de Angkor- Angkor temples"
- "Old World Charm of Siem Reap"
- "In Angkor and around"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Khett Siem Reab
- Hotels in Khett Siem Reab
- Transportation in Khett Siem Reab
- Nightlife in Khett Siem Reab
- Restaurants in Khett Siem Reab
- Shopping in Khett Siem Reab
- Warnings and Dangers in Khett Siem Reab
- See All...
Explore the World
- Uckfield Hotels
- Port Blair
- Portage Hotels
- Chappaquiddick Island Hotels
- Avalon Hotels
- Le Crotoy
- Buxoro Viloyati
- Sheridan Off The Beaten Path
- Yosemite National Park Off The Beaten Path
- Norfolk (County) Off The Beaten Path
- Province of Nova Scotia Off The Beaten Path
- Sardegna Off The Beaten Path
- Churches and Cathedrals
- Sentul Off The Beaten Path
- Llangollen Off The Beaten Path
- Hualian Off The Beaten Path
- Bosnia and Herzegovina Off The Beaten Path
- Nevada City
- Maputo Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Khett Siem Reab
- 45 Reviews
- 71 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (115)
Have you been to Khett Siem Reab?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Khett Siem Reab
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Need recommendations in..."
- Commented on one of Gillybob's Khett Siem Reab travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "one tall thin German girlfriend"
- Wrote a Review oh, like you'll forget Angkor Wat in Khett Siem Reab Things to Do
- updated a Khett Siem Reab Travel Page "Take a seat in Siem Reap"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos