"Hard to go the Wrong Way in Antwerp" Antwerp by richiecdisc

Antwerp Travel Guide: 2,884 reviews and 7,126 photos

Despite being Belgium’s second largest city after capital Brussels, Antwerp remains a finely guarded secret. This, of course, is part of its charm and on your first visit, you will find yourself asking, “Why have I not been here before?” time and time again. Blessed with a plethora of architecturally stunning buildings, its Grote Markt is perhaps Belgium’s finest, and among the most picturesque town squares in all of Europe. Though it also ranks as the most cosmopolitan of Belgian cities, its true attraction lies down the offbeat side streets, where one can find interesting cafes full of colorful characters and some of the widest beer selections in the country. Though down the list for first time visitors, Antwerp remains a favorite of all those who have been and have explored Belgium at some length.

• Last visit to Antwerp: Nov 2001
  • Intro Written Sep 11, 2002

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2010 at 7:07 AM

Beer!!! I was worried I wouldn't see any:) Lovely page as always!

• Turska's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2010 at 10:53 AM

Thanks for beer-tips here!Must check more your pages. And how did I see in vcomments,my beer-talking friend Gili :D

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2005 at 12:34 PM

Just looking for some beers, glad I found few :-)

• gkitzmil's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2005 at 1:01 PM

Great tips! I'll be visiting Antwerp next week, thanks! And I do wonder what ever became of all that Rauchbier? :-)

• tinne's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2004 at 7:20 AM

You made Antwerp ( i live 10km away from the city) sound like it realy is... A nice and beautiful city! Thanks

• Norali's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2003 at 9:09 AM

Nice page and real talent in extracting the essence of a place. Well done! I loved Antwerp too... Will soon return there!

• belgianchocolate's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2003 at 12:09 PM

what an intro. 10 points from belgium. lol

• Sharrie's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2003 at 11:58 PM

Yeah, why have I not been here b4?! & I'm a shopper, lol ... & I love Rubens' paintings!

• sargentjeff's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2003 at 1:18 AM

Well, we have three of thoe pubs in common. I've got to check out the Kulminator next time, but won't ask Caro for directions ;-)

• cuckoo's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2002 at 11:00 AM

Great page Richie, I loved it. Antwerp at Christmas is beautiful, try it sometime :-)

richiecdisc

“fairy tales can come true...”

Badges & Stats in Antwerp

Have you been to Antwerp?

Photos in Antwerp