"Alberta: God's Country" Province of Alberta by richiecdisc
Province of Alberta Travel Guide: 4,836 reviews and 10,028 photos
While traveling around New Zealand we met a guy from Red Deer, a town between Edmonton and Calgary, Alberta. He loved New Zealand, thought it was just beautiful but said that where he was from was even prettier if we could imagine that. He said it was God's country. When I got there the next year, I would find out why. The peaks here aren't the highest in the world, not even in the Rockies, but at this latitude the tree line is lower which makes for some of the most jagged of peaks craning through a forest so dense, it appears a shag green carpet. Lakes so blue you’ll swear your own pictures have been touched up. He was right. Alberta is God’s country.
I have been to Alberta three times. The first time in 1994 was part of a four month camping trip around the US and Canada. The second time was en route to spending the summer in Alaska in 1998. My most recent visit was to show my wife the wonders of this beautiful area in the summer of 2008 on our return of a six month trip camping mostly around the western US. This page mostly reflects the first trip but it has some bit of all three.
I did spend a little time in Calgary in 1994 on my first trip to the area but on my recent pass in 2008, we just drove... more travel advice
Jasper joins Banff National Park as Alberta's contribution to the Banff-Jasper-Yaho-Kootenay conglomeration of Canadian... more travel advice
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Province of Alberta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Alberta - between plains and mountains"
- "The Wonder of Alberta"
- "This Province Has it All"
- "ALBERTA - CANADIAN MAGNIFICENCE"
- "AWESOME ALBERTA"
- "Alberta: God's Country"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of Alberta
- Hotels in Province of Alberta
- Transportation in Province of Alberta
- Nightlife in Province of Alberta
- Restaurants in Province of Alberta
- Shopping in Province of Alberta
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of Alberta
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Province of Alberta
- 38 Reviews
- 68 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Province of Alberta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of Alberta
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Need recommendations in..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Get your butt out of..."
- updated a Province of Alberta Travel Page "Alberta: God's Country"
- Wrote a Review the Olympic toilets in Province of Alberta Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on one of Bwana_Brown's Province of Alberta travel pages
Photos in Province of AlbertaSee All Photos (68)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos
Top Province of Alberta hotels
- Edmonton Hotels
- 588 Reviews - 909 Photos
- Calgary Hotels
- 1050 Reviews - 1852 Photos
- Banff Hotels
- 459 Reviews - 950 Photos
- Canmore Hotels
- 98 Reviews - 151 Photos
- Okotoks Hotels
- 1 Review - 9 Photos
- Jasper Hotels
- 62 Reviews - 211 Photos
- Fort McMurray Hotels
- 49 Reviews - 139 Photos
- Drumheller Hotels
- 84 Reviews - 205 Photos
- Waterton Lakes National Park Hotels
- 195 Reviews - 372 Photos
- Banff National Park Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1488 Photos
- Lethbridge Hotels
- 29 Reviews - 18 Photos
- Provost Hotels
- 2 Hotels
- Stettler Hotels
- 1 Review - 10 Photos
- Slave Lake Hotels
- 7 Hotels
- Red Deer Hotels
- 64 Reviews - 99 Photos