"Washington State: Terrainius Maximus" Top 5 Page for this destination Washington State by richiecdisc

Washington State Travel Guide: 7,639 reviews and 20,889 photos

While Seattle has taken a spot in the national limelight for good reason, its home state of Washington is only now beginning to garner the attention it so rightly deserves. Overshadowed by the gloss and superior weather of California for decades, it has only escaped the fate of forgotten Oregon by Seattle's ascendancy through corporate attraction. But there is a lot more to this diverse state than the Space Needle City.

many terrains

With just about every type of terrain imaginable, Washington State is an outdoor enthusiast's dream come true. From a rugged coast often engulfed in fog through lush temperate rain forest to highly glaciated peaks and a desert wild west, this is one state that truly has it all.

a tale of three trips

I have been to Washington State three times. The first time in 1994 found me exploring Seattle's brewpub scene, Olympic's many terrains, and Mount Rainier's many surprises. In 1998, I stopped in Seattle on my way back from a summer in Alaska and was reminded at how much I wanted to move there on my first visit. In the summer of 2008, I took my wife to Washington State and she too fell in love. She has a good friend from Germany living there so we hope to visit again and often. This page is a combination of these trips.

• Last visit to Washington State: Aug 2008
  • Intro Updated Nov 20, 2009

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2010 at 7:20 AM

A fine overview of all the things I missed on my one trip to Washington State many years ago.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2010 at 2:56 PM

You paint quite rosy picture of Washington! It really looks and sounds like my kind of place with its rugged coast, beautiful mountains and even the wild west only an hour or two's drive away!! Great page Richie!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2010 at 5:47 AM

What a good overview of this state. It sounds just the sort of place we'd like but we're yet to make it - unless you count a 1 hour detour while in OR, just to say we'd been there ;-)

• DoreenDe's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2009 at 3:56 PM

You would never miss an Octoberfest, would you? ;P

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2009 at 11:38 PM

Ah, how sweet of you to think of the Scandinavian cake girls :-)) I love these lighthouses and maybe the one at Cape Disappointment might be available? For morning cofee with view? Why do I get hungry now for Cambodian food?

• Irina80's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2008 at 7:38 AM

This small page has been an inspiration for my upcoming trip to Washington, thank you!!!:)

• chewy3326's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2006 at 8:39 PM

Washington is a really great state. Nice tips on the national parks

• wondering2's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2004 at 10:40 AM

what an awesome photo! looking forward to more!

• Davidp1952's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2002 at 5:51 PM

Did you try the bar near the old Kingdome? Hundreds of brand

• Tolik's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2002 at 5:37 AM

Happy Independence Day Richie!

richiecdisc

“fairy tales can come true...”

Badges & Stats in Washington State

Have you been to Washington State?

Latest Activity in Washington State