"Utopian Utah" Utah by richiecdisc
Utah Travel Guide: 5,443 reviews and 14,419 photos
To the uninitiated, Utah is likely to more than sneak up on, it may stun. Such is the grandiose nature of its exaggeratedly colorful landscapes. If the ancient ocean that formed the Entrada Sandstone and thus much of the state's surrealistic sights was still lapping wildly at its footsteps, Utah would perhaps eclipse the beauty of any imaginable place on earth. As it is, in its landlocked orientation, it rivals all of the western US for sheer natural beauty. Only Alaska and California have more National Parks and needless to say they are much bigger states, both with vast coasts. Not that Utah is small by any notion.
The famed southern part of the state draws most of the visitors with its windswept vistas and otherworldly formations of a rainbow palate. The north has classic alpine scenery with large lakes, craggy snowy peaks, and dense evergreen forest.
Its Native American past has been somewhat overshadowed by the strong Mormon settler history intertwined in most people's perception of Utah, but few would travel this land of obvious spiritual beauty and deny that anyone who had ever laid eyes on it would have held it in special esteem.
This looks like a really touristy stop and I guess it is but if you don't do any shopping it can be a very pleasant... more travel advice
It's funny how a day can make all the difference. Just twenty-four hours earlier I scrambled around madly trying to get... more travel advice
- showers at the state parks
- why eat out?
- Utah is slot canyon country
- think globally, drink locally
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Utah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Full and Complete Story"
- "Utah - Red Rock Country."
- "Many Treasures of Utah!"
- "Road trip heaven"
- "Utopian Utah"
- "Red Rock Heaven"
- "8 Days Through Southern Utah"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Utah
- Hotels in Utah
- Transportation in Utah
- Nightlife in Utah
- Restaurants in Utah
- Shopping in Utah
- Warnings and Dangers in Utah
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Utah
- 250 Reviews
- 362 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (116)
Have you been to Utah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Utah
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos