"Oregon: A Treasure Often Overlooked" Top 5 Page for this destination Oregon by richiecdisc
Oregon Travel Guide: 5,204 reviews and 13,361 photos
Despite all its physical beauty, Oregon is a state that is often overlooked. When people go west, young man, it's normally to the golden state of California. Too expensive, lacking adventure? Washington fills the void. But there is Oregon, squashed between the two, lucky to lure transients from one to the other, speeding on its Interstate.
Its rugged coast garners its fair share in transit but exploration of the state as its own entity is still lagging. It's not for lack of scenic treasures. Aside from its admittedly gorgeous coast, Oregon boasts a strong candidate for the most stunning lake in the world, a myriad of pretty waterfalls set in lush temperate rain forest, an iconic mountain peak, a hip alternative city, and even a vast desert. Sound like Washington? It should but subtract half the people and you will soon wonder why you are not one of them.
I have been to Oregon three times. The first time in the fall of 1994 was a real surprise. I was driving down from Washington State after falling in love with the National Parks there as well as Seattle only to find Oregon was every bit its equal. The second trip was a brief stopover in Portland on my way back from Alaska. The most recent visit was in the summer of 2008. It was great showing the gorgeous state to my wife who had never been. We did not cover quite as much ground as I had on my initial trip but we spent more time enjoying the things we did see. This page will be a combination of those trips. Hope it makes you want to visit the great state of Oregon soon.
Oregon's many terrains mean you won't get bored hiking in this great outdoor paradise. Trails are well-groomed and there... more travel advice
The Pacific Crest Trail goes through Oregon so if inclined by all means bring a backpack. A day pack is fine for other... more travel advice
- a touch of the UK with Pacific NW beer
- See All one of the best brewpubs on the coast
- Craft Beer Pioneer
- See All Mount Hood
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Oregon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Oregon is Home"
- "Oregon, the most beautiful state"
- "Oregon: A Treasure Often Overlooked"
- "Famous for Rain, but That's Only Part of the Story"
- "Welcome to Oregon State"
- "Oregon: End of the Frontier"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oregon
- Hotels in Oregon
- Transportation in Oregon
- Nightlife in Oregon
- Restaurants in Oregon
- Shopping in Oregon
- Warnings and Dangers in Oregon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oregon
- 110 Reviews
- 173 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (115)
Have you been to Oregon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oregon
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos