"Multifaceted Maine: New England's Crown Jewel" Top 5 Page for this destination Maine by richiecdisc
Maine Travel Guide: 2,609 reviews and 5,504 photos
It seems New Englanders like to keep Maine a secret commodity. While neighbor Vermont projects images of covered bridges, rolling hills filled with foliage and quaint little towns, Maine seems content to quietly lure the true outdoor types “down east” as locals call it. Perhaps it is Vermont’s “green” reputation that makes it such a media darling or their tourist bureau is more aggressive but Maine has all of Vermont’s postcard features along with the most rugged coastline on the eastern seaboard. Though by no means off the beaten path, Maine still offers quiet solitude for those who choose to seek it, along with landscapes to wow even the most jaded traveler. Whether you desire a relaxing weekend getaway, coastal walks, or to climb a rugged mountain, Maine does indeed have it all. Oh, and don’t forget the lobster. Never forget the lobster.
D is gonna kill me for this but it is the only photo I have of our little tour to ShipYard Brewing in Portland, Maine.... more travel advice
After a few more harrowing stretches, we found ourselves on a lunar looking landscape with howling winds raging around... more travel advice
- hiking is a great sport!
- Small Town USA shopping...
- you will take lots of photos....
- See All Lobster Pounds
- car gives you the freedom you need...
- watch your weight...
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Maine Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MAINE.....The Way Life Should Be !!!!!!"
- "Multifaceted Maine: New England's Crown Jewel"
- "Maine: Life the way it should be?"
- "MAINE - LOBSTERS & LIGHTHOUSES"
- "Pinetree State"
- "Cliff Island, Casco Bay, Maine. My summertime."
- "MAINE LIGHT HOUSES"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Maine
- Hotels in Maine
- Transportation in Maine
- Nightlife in Maine
- Restaurants in Maine
- Shopping in Maine
- Warnings and Dangers in Maine
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Maine
- 60 Reviews
- 62 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (115)
Have you been to Maine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maine
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Need recommendations in..."
- Commented on one of Florida999's Maine travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Another great coastal stop, Belfast"
- Wrote a Review she's gonna kill me but.... in Maine Tourist Traps
- updated a Maine Travel Page "Multifaceted Maine: New England's Crown Jewel"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos
Top Maine hotels
- Ogunquit Hotels
- 98 Reviews - 150 Photos
- Kennebunkport Hotels
- 128 Reviews - 312 Photos
- Bar Harbor Hotels
- 215 Reviews - 540 Photos
- York Beach Hotels
- 37 Reviews - 68 Photos
- Old Orchard Beach Hotels
- 65 Reviews - 130 Photos
- Brunswick Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 2 Photos
- Moody Beach Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Portland Hotels
- 332 Reviews - 565 Photos
- Bangor Hotels
- 61 Reviews - 79 Photos
- Rockland Hotels
- 31 Reviews - 57 Photos
- Cape Elizabeth Hotels
- 23 Reviews - 60 Photos
- Millinocket Hotels
- 12 Reviews - 21 Photos
- Presque Isle Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 3 Photos
- Wells Hotels
- 11 Reviews - 22 Photos
- Bethel Hotels
- 11 Reviews - 8 Photos