"When other States dream, they dream they are CA" California by richiecdisc

California Travel Guide: 46,376 reviews and 111,109 photos

Few countries can boast the physical beauty of California. Incredible rugged coastline runs effortlessly into stunning mountain scenery that ranges from the alpine to sublime. Dense old growth forest manages to escape the mad gold rush of the past and present and a virtual desert waits calmly to be discovered. An absolutely crazy decadent city like LA is only an amazing coastal ride from the simultaneously ultra hip and quaint San Francisco. California, it has it all.

a state to retun to

My first trip to California was in 1994. It was part of a four month camping trip around the US and it was a real eye opener to how beautiful the US is. I returned in 2005 to San Fransisco with my wife right after we got married. It was a brief trip but Doreen fell in love with California and we returned in 2008 to see more of the state during our six month camping trip around the US.

in with the new but keeping some of the old

My original California page was pretty meager. It was built in early 2002 during the heyday of VT when it was mostly a social site where people shared pictures. I have completely re-worked it to not only make a more useful page but to better represent my travels in the state. I have added new tips, expanded some old ones and hopefully have kept some of the original spirit. Enjoy.

• Last visit to California: Jul 2008
  • Intro Updated Oct 15, 2009

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Wonderful California Page! I enjoyed the tour and the photographs are beautiful!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2009 at 9:35 AM

Great overview of the state and lovely photos. I enjoyed reading about the places you DIDN'T go to in 2008 as well as the ones you did. And I have NEVER heard of disc golf!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2009 at 12:22 AM

Gorgeous summary with all my favourite photos :-)) Oh well, it seems, D & you must return to visit some of the places you missed. But... you certainly HAVE found what you were looking for :-))

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2009 at 4:31 AM

Your eloquent tips brought back great memories of the years I lived and worked in Berkeley in the 1960s. $5 per gallon? That's only 0.89 Euros per liter, roughly 2/3 of what gas costs in Germany today. No wonder Californians can't break the car habit!

• DoreenDe's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2005 at 5:06 PM

I am getting excited now..only 3 more days!!! :o)

• acemj's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2004 at 8:36 AM

I'll be here in a month . . just revisiting. How's the teaching going?

• Apr 14, 2004 at 3:58 AM

hmm yummy! since it was a long time ago it maybe cost more ha?

• Callavetta's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2003 at 4:16 PM

"California has it all" Interesting statement in light of recent politics! Perhaps we will even have a governor who pronounces California in 10 syllables!

• JudyinPA's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2003 at 6:36 AM

Welcome home....Pa had lots of snow. Northern CA looks like a good destination for us.

• dila's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2002 at 4:42 PM

nice pictures.i hope to go next year and see the same places as on your pictures.

richiecdisc Visits Here Frequently!

richiecdisc

“fairy tales can come true...”

Badges & Stats in California

Have you been to California?