"Saying Goodbye to the United States of America" Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America by richiecdisc
United States of America Travel Guide: 300,325 reviews and 713,945 photos
No one said saying goodbye to your country was going to be easy. Especially when the country in question is the United States of America. But that's what I was about to do. Of course, with a country as big as mine it would take some time to do and so I set off across this great land to embrace some old favorites and meet some new ones. You see, in a country as diverse as the ole USA even an avid traveler like myself has not seen everything. In the past I had done a five month extravaganza around the Western lower 48, a two month one through New England as well as a four month adventure to Alaska. This along with many trips up and down the east coast between my two homes of New Jersey and Florida made me far more traveled than most of my fellow citizens. And it's not like I just drove around in a car and snapped a few photos. I had done over 1000 miles hiking trails through the country's most spectacular corridors with wilderness camping affording me numerous displays of purple mountain majesty. But the biggest difference this time around was also the reason for the big farewell in the first place: my wife who just happened to be German.
The end of the story above is within the Fondest Memories of the General Tips part of this admittedly massive page. I don't normally make such big pages and to be honest this is not my best but it is a representation of all my USA travels. As stated above, I have been lucky to travel around the United States many times and for such extended periods. I have seen a lot of my country and am as proud of it as anyone could be. This page is a conglomeration of many trips but it is largely from the six-month trip I did with my wife in the summer of 2008. I have tried to keep those tips towards the beginning of each section with older pages and tips at the end. It's pretty obvious from the writing style which is which and I believe it all has some merit. While I have seen my share of the country's great cities, you will notice a slant towards nature and in particular, National Parks. For me, they are the country's great calling card. You will not find a group of such varied and numerous parks heralding nature anywhere in the world.
I hope you find it useful and interesting but mostly I hope it gets you out into these incredible places yourself.
I couldn't leave without going on one final road trip and showing my wife the greatest parts of her new country so off... more travel advice
There is no shortage of shopping in the USA. From high end boutiques in New York City to Walmarts scattered around the... more travel advice
- backpacking is a great sport
- bring it all, use it all, you'll need it...
- many terrains, many natural dangers
- one man's trap is another man's...
- See All the cheapest alternative can be a great...
richiecdisc's Related Pages
United States of America Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BASAIC's USA Page"
- "A constant work in progress"
- "United States: A Melting Pot"
- "America the Beautiful"
- "Saying Goodbye to the United States of America"
- "THE UNITED STATES"
- "USA - several trips"
- See All...
- Things to Do in United States of America
- Hotels in United States of America
- Transportation in United States of America
- Nightlife in United States of America
- Restaurants in United States of America
- Shopping in United States of America
- Warnings and Dangers in United States of America
- See All...
Badges & Stats in United States of America
- 2,133 Reviews
- 3,290 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 90 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (142)
Have you been to United States of America?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in United States of America
- updated a United States of America Travel Page "Saying Goodbye to the United States of America"
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: PDF function from trip..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "still within its soil, still within our soul"
- Wrote a Review still within its soil, still within our soul in United States of America Favorites
- Commented on one of b1bob's United States of America travel pages
Photos in United States of AmericaSee All Photos (3290)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos