"Just Barely Italy & First Dolomites Impressions" Top 5 Page for this destination Trentino-Alto Adige by richiecdisc
Trentino-Alto Adige Travel Guide: 1,071 reviews and 3,133 photos
When romantic images of Italy dance in your head, it’s probably gondola laden canals and leaning towers of Coliseums that come to mind, not jagged mountain peaks jutting up from dense forest. The mountainous terrain of the north of Italy, while no means off the beaten path, seems to get lost in the myriad of generalities that sum up this big and varied country. But it is a stunningly beautiful area, full of some of the most spectacular peaks in all of Europe and even giving the world’s biggest a run for the money in terms of foot for foot splendor. Not surprisingly, it is an area with many Germanic influences as much of it was under Austrian rule until the World Wars. Many cities still go by their German name in fact. This page accordingly details the transitional feeling encountered from the very Austrian valley of Villnoss to Bolzano’s eclectic mixture of both cultures.
Hiking is a great sport to burn calories, commune with nature, and just see the most of what the Dolomites has to... more travel advice
A backpack is not only great to lug your stuff from one city to the next, but is invaluable if you plan on doing any hut... more travel advice
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Trentino-Alto Adige Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welschnofen - Nova Levante"
- "Just Barely Italy & First Dolomites Impressions"
- "Trentino Alto Adige."
- "Summer Time in the Dolomites"
- "South Tyrol"
- "The best place in the world"
- "Trentino-Alto Adige / Sudtirol"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Trentino-Alto Adige
- Hotels in Trentino-Alto Adige
- Transportation in Trentino-Alto Adige
- Nightlife in Trentino-Alto Adige
- Restaurants in Trentino-Alto Adige
- Shopping in Trentino-Alto Adige
- Warnings and Dangers in Trentino-Alto Adige
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trentino-Alto Adige
- 17 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (115)
Have you been to Trentino-Alto Adige?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trentino-Alto Adige
Photos in Trentino-Alto AdigeSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos
Top Trentino-Alto Adige hotels
- Riva del Garda Hotels
- 74 Reviews - 240 Photos
- Tonale Hotels
- 21 Hotels
- Trento Hotels
- 190 Reviews - 474 Photos
- Vipiteno Hotels
- 20 Reviews - 54 Photos
- Bolzano Hotels
- 206 Reviews - 517 Photos
- Gruppo della Marmolada Hotels
- 12 Reviews - 17 Photos
- San Martino di Castrozza Hotels
- 8 Reviews - 27 Photos
- Madonna di Campiglio Hotels
- 34 Reviews - 98 Photos
- Canazei Hotels
- 41 Reviews - 106 Photos
- Torbole Hotels
- 29 Hotels
- Folgaria Hotels
- 10 Reviews - 27 Photos
- Selva di Val Gardena Hotels
- 54 Reviews - 197 Photos
- Dobbiaco Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 30 Photos
- Villabassa Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Vigo di Fassa Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 17 Photos