"Why not the Ülmster?" Top 5 Page for this destination Ulm by richiecdisc
Ulm Travel Guide: 246 reviews and 841 photos
Ulm sits prettily on the Baden-Württemberg side of the Donau but don't let this proximity to Bavaria fool you, it is decidedly Schwäbisch, from its cuisine to the Protestant orientation of its most famed sight, the imposing Ulmer Münster. The latter is a church that happens to be the tallest one in the world and the reason most people venture to Ulm. The former is why I went. Well, perhaps not so much for the food but for the beer at the two finest breweries in the city. But when there is beer there should be food and thankfully, in Germany that is nearly always the case. By all accounts mentioned, Ulm is a worthwhile place to visit. It's not likely you'll miss the Ulmer Münster. It is after all more than 160m tall. But do yourself a favor and check out at least one of the breweries. You'll not only get a taste of the non-tourist Ulm but a tasty meal and beer as well.
One of the great things I love about beer-hunting is where the hunt brings me. Let's face it, the average visitor to Ulm... more travel advice
It took about a year of living in Munich before I managed to make it enough of a priority to pull off the easy day... more travel advice
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Ulm Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The World's highest Church Spire and the Sparrows"
- "Medieval Ulm"
- "Ulm: More Than Just A Steeple"
- "Why not the Ülmster?"
- "Opera and canoeing in Ulm"
- "Swabian Gemuetlichkeit"
- "Welcome to Ulm"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ulm
- Hotels in Ulm
- Transportation in Ulm
- Nightlife in Ulm
- Restaurants in Ulm
- Shopping in Ulm
- Warnings and Dangers in Ulm
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ulm
- 12 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to Ulm?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ulm
Photos in UlmSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos