"Czech Republic: Finding Beers & Hockey Players" Top 5 Page for this destination Czech Republic by richiecdisc
Czech Republic Travel Guide: 16,895 reviews and 39,827 photos
The Czech Republic becomes more westernized everyday, but still offers glimpses of what was once a truly distinct eastern Europe. This westernization comes with perks (everyone speaks English) and downfalls (insane inflation), but overall there is much charm to be found if one ventures even romotely off the beaten path. For the beer afficionado, however, things are changing for the worse all too rapidly. Small breweries are going out of business and even the mightly Pilsner Urquell has undergone vast changes that most view as for the worse. Still, there is no place better to drink a pilsner and there are some great beers to be found by the astute hunter. There are some sights to see along the way as well. But get there soon before it becomes just one more stop on the European itinerary of the college sophomore crowd.
Jihlava is a surprisingly big city and this is a real oasis in the middle of it. Adjacent to the brewery, it's not only... more travel advice
Jihlava was once the chief source of silver in Central Europe before Kutna Hora took the distinction but the wealth of... more travel advice
- See All guess it can be good sometimes too
- Beer Tasting!
- See All great little pension in Telc.
- Packing List
- many options but love a car for freedome
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Czech Republic Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Czechia - great architecture & landscapes"
- "CZECH REPUBLIC"
- "The Czech Republic"
- "Following the UNESCO World Heritage sites"
- "Czech Republic: Finding Beers & Hockey Players"
- "Paul2001's Czech Republic page"
- "Adventures in Czechia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Czech Republic
- Hotels in Czech Republic
- Transportation in Czech Republic
- Nightlife in Czech Republic
- Restaurants in Czech Republic
- Shopping in Czech Republic
- Warnings and Dangers in Czech Republic
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Czech Republic
- 170 Reviews
- 210 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (115)
Have you been to Czech Republic?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Czech Republic
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Need recommendations in..."
- Commented on one of Gili_S's Czech Republic travel pages
- Wrote a Review A hedgehog of a place in Czech Republic Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Kutna Hora"
- updated a Czech Republic Travel Page "Czech Republic: Finding Beers & Hockey Players"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 125 reviews, 127 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Galápagos Islands Intro, 54 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 103 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 58 reviews, 95 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Teton National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bavaria Intro, 73 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glacier National Park Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos
- Dresden Intro, 53 reviews, 87 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olympic National Park Intro, 44 reviews, 89 photos
Top Czech Republic hotels
- Prague Hotels
- 11819 Reviews - 24788 Photos
- Brno Hotels
- 468 Reviews - 1026 Photos
- Ostrava Hotels
- 158 Reviews - 302 Photos
- Karlovy Vary Hotels
- 202 Reviews - 677 Photos
- Plzen Hotels
- 128 Reviews - 420 Photos
- Marianske Lazne Hotels
- 48 Reviews - 206 Photos
- Cheb Hotels
- 36 Reviews - 141 Photos
- Cesky Krumlov Hotels
- 331 Reviews - 947 Photos
- Ceske Budejovice Hotels
- 154 Reviews - 523 Photos
- Teplice Hotels
- 19 Reviews - 37 Photos
- Olomouc Hotels
- 281 Reviews - 1000 Photos
- Telc Hotels
- 132 Reviews - 372 Photos
- Kutna Hora Hotels
- 336 Reviews - 849 Photos
- Hradec Kralove Hotels
- 46 Reviews - 72 Photos
- Usti nad Labem Hotels
- 31 Reviews - 87 Photos